First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
has anyone felt the tuner wasnt worth the cost of the tuner and 93 octane? Im considering it for a leveled badlands with 305/70r17s
Truthfully I kinda think SPORT mode might be all i want, if i can find someone to do it for me
The shifting improvements alone are worth it (especially rev-matching on 7-MT).
I can’t easily find 93 Octane locally so I run 91 most of the time. My girl still flat out scoots when I tell it to.
I used to be 14.4mpg’s but I’m now at 16.0 after 5,000 miles of having the ProCal. That may be related or maybe my rig is just getting broke-in 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for your business. We really appreciate it. I'm sure you're going to love the calibration once you receive and install it. If there's anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Thanks!
Delivered today. Installed myself. Very easy. Haven’t driven yet, but I look forward to it. Also thanks for the stickers and koozie!

CarlSpackler

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you put a Big Bend into Baja if I enable with ForScan? I have a 7MT.
You have Sport mode, which, as far as I know, is Baja mode in 2wd. Just put it in Sport and then 4wd and that would be Baja mode, I think.

djm101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just had my local dealer install the tune (7MT Badlands Sasquatch). Does it take some time for the tune to calibrate? I'm not noticing much of a difference (93 octane). I know it's installed because my auto stop/start retains it's setting now, and rev matching appears to be working. I know it's not a huge gain but maybe I expected a little more, unless it takes some time. Thoughts anyone?

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the biggest difference i found was more torque available for any given gear,
so didn't have to down shift as much to avoid lugging the engine while in traffic.

also, my around town MPG went from 17 to about 20.5

JunitoNo1

Badlands
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what I'm gathering, this compared to say, the afe scorcher and panda, not only increases boost but also changes shift points? (For auto trans) is that right?

Almost $700 seems high when compared to 3rd party options, but if it does more +warranty, I'm feeling like its worth the purchase.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So what I'm gathering, this compared to say, the afe scorcher and panda, not only increases boost but also changes shift points? (For auto trans) is that right?

Almost $700 seems high when compared to 3rd party options, but if it does more +warranty, I'm feeling like its worth the purchase.
The Ford Performance cal has a lot of benefits over a piggyback module. For one it's an actual calibration done by Ford calibrators where the other piggy back options just modify signals to sensors on the vehicle.

The Ford cal also programs the PCM and TCM. So not only engine calibration is done transmission tuning is done as well. Shift points on auto broncos are enhanced and the manual owners get the rev match feature.

The ability to adjust for tire size and gear ratio changes is a big plus as well. You can also disable the auto start/stop feature.

Lastly the biggest thing is the ability to retain a 3yr/36mo warranty.

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!

CarlSpackler

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Ford Performance cal has a lot of benefits over a piggyback module. For one it's an actual calibration done by Ford calibrators where the other piggy back options just modify signals to sensors on the vehicle.

The Ford cal also programs the PCM and TCM. So not only engine calibration is done transmission tuning is done as well. Shift points on auto broncos are enhanced and the manual owners get the rev match feature.

The ability to adjust for tire size and gear ratio changes is a big plus as well. You can also disable the auto start/stop feature.

Lastly the biggest thing is the ability to retain a 3yr/36mo warranty.

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!
What about the extended warranty bought through the Ford dealer, 10 year 100,000 mile? Is that still valid? If so I might be making the drive from Ft Myers to see you next month.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What about the extended warranty bought through the Ford dealer, 10 year 100,000 mile? Is that still valid? If so I might be making the drive from Ft Myers to see you next month.
That we're unsure about as it really isn't clearly stated anywhere. I personally recommend contacting the extended warranty department for them to clarify before making any decisions.

If you have any other questions in the meantime please let us know.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ordered the procal from lethal over their father's day sale they had with 10% off. Fast shipping and install went smooth...took my time and watched a few YouTube videos on the install.

21 4door badlands 2.3 7spd.

Low end trq was instantly noticeable. and also noticed more boost.

Bought for the added trq and tire/gear manipulation ability. Having it as a code scanner is also a plus.

Also saw a mpg increase. was around 18.9 lifetime avg (25k miles) and now around 20.5. Spent a week really trying to get the best mpg within reason and got up to 22.2.

my big assumption is when the Ford Performance rack/3.0 does rolpu out this will be one tool to get the computer updated. to work with it.

wlschroder

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have heard different stances on this but thought I’d ask here. I’m told that unless a Ford dealer does the installation the warranty is no longer in effect. Thoughts?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have heard different stances on this but thought I’d ask here. I’m told that unless a Ford dealer does the installation the warranty is no longer in effect. Thoughts?
Ford Performance states that for the warranty to be honored the calibration needs to be installed by a Ford dealer or ASE certified tech. Once it's been installed by either of those you can update that information on your Ford Performance account so they have it on file.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Smiffer

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw a few pages back some people mentioned that their distance to empty was incorrect after installing the tune. Did that ever resolve itself after a few fill ups? I had the tune installed last week and noticed that I usually show 330 to empty on a full tank, I now showed 393 to empty after filling up. It’s not a big deal, but just wondering if other had this and if it eventually resolved on its own.

WoolyBugger

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline / 2dr. Base 7 spd. EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I saw a few pages back some people mentioned that their distance to empty was incorrect after installing the tune. Did that ever resolve itself after a few fill ups? I had the tune installed last week and noticed that I usually show 330 to empty on a full tank, I now showed 393 to empty after filling up. It’s not a big deal, but just wondering if other had this and if it eventually resolved on its own.
I have noticed this as well since having the FP Tune installed. I have also noticed that I was showing 19ish MPG prior to the tune running lower grade fuel and now showing a consistent 22+ mpg and was/am assuming that the higher 93 octane fuel + the tune equals better mpg's.?.
Sponsored