First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve had it installed for just a few days. I can’t answer all of those questions - but, I’m enjoying it. I have yet to reinstall my sprint booster (same difference as Pedal Commander) - though, I plan to. It already had less throttle lag - especially in the 3-4-5 range. Thinking setting that back to sport will feel better in the 1-2-3 off the line. Obviously I’m talking manual transmission.

It has no problem moving 34” with the 4.46. I have yet to get on the highway to see how and when 6th gear comes into place. Generally above 85 mph before the tune - which I’m rarely cruising that fast.

Overall, happy with the purchase. Rev matching is great and remembering the auto-stop-start setting is a nice perk. Plus, now I’m prepared for whenever I find someone selling a front locking differential.
Sponsored

OrlandoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Picked up my Bronco on Thursday and asked my salesman if he ask about getting it installed. The service tech asked if it was a Ford product even tho he had it in his hands. Said he was going to email me once he finds out if they can install it. I don't know anything on how to install this kind of stuff so I am not even going try. Might have to find someone else.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Picked up my Bronco on Thursday and asked my salesman if he ask about getting it installed. The service tech asked if it was a Ford product even tho he had it in his hands. Said he was going to email me once he finds out if they can install it. I don't know anything on how to install this kind of stuff so I am not even going try. Might have to find someone else.
They just need an ASE certified tech

Tdp146

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I called a couple local dealers until I found a tech who actually had installed one. Ended up having a good conversation with him. A real car guy. He is my guy whenever I end up doing the tune. I would be kind of annoyed if I’m paying a tech and he’s just watching the same YouTube videos I would be watching if I did it myself.

donb

Base
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX8 2010 R3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey.. complete noob here.
Few questions I have..
1 - Can I buy the ford performance tool used and buy the bronco calibration separately? Or do you have to buy the tool and mod together?
2 - what happens if an update comes out for the mod? do you have to pay again?

Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey.. complete noob here.
Few questions I have..
1 - Can I buy the ford performance tool used and buy the bronco calibration separately? Or do you have to buy the tool and mod together?
2 - what happens if an update comes out for the mod? do you have to pay again?

Thanks
Hello,

As of right now they are only selling the tool and tune together. You can update the file for reflash by plugging it into the computer. It takes only minutes to do so.

Lonebronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
anyone have any issues return to stock, when i try it says "ECU Read not Valid" but i can reflash the performance tune with no issues

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
anyone have any issues return to stock, when i try it says "ECU Read not Valid" but i can reflash the performance tune with no issues
That happened to me the first time I went back to stock. I emailed FP and a tech got back to me. He dis something from his end and when I updated my procal, all was fixed. I’ve done it 4 times now without incident.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m consistently getting 2 MPG less since the tune. I kept reading people getting better mileage. Down to averaging 16 instead of 18. I’m not driving it any harder.

7MT
S&B Dry Air Filter
NGK Step Colder Plugs
Sprint Booster - Sport 8
Magnaflow Overland Catback

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Couple more questions

1. I have the 2.3 with 4.27 gears. Anyone run the tune and upgrade to 35's and feel this helped 'overcome' accelerating with larger tires? I am not trying to fool myself that this is some kind of fix for not re-gearing. I am just curious if the optimized shifting schedule and the gains mentioned at the lower end of the power curve help out acceleration with the move to 35s.

2. When you change tire size with the procal unit, does it simply just update the speedometer, or is actually remapping the transmission again?

3. Anyone use the tune and then attach a pedal commander with it?

4. Guys at Lethal- you are going to have that Black Friday sale aren't you.. I think I can hold out a little longer and get a Christmas present to me, from me. ;)
I can answer a bit of that - 2.3 with 7MT/4.46 and 35's, so not exactly the same, but... I've always run 91 octane in this - even before the tune, so no change in fuel.

Without the tune, the Bronco was always sluggish at low RPMs, anything less than 2500 was a dog, and anything over 3000 felt (almost) like a sports car, and it was just that 500 rpm band where it kind of transitioned from Dr Jekel to Mr Hyde. The torque curve had a very steep jump right there, and you could really feel it in the pedal. Not sure how that translates to an automatic, but on a stick it was very pronounced.

With the tune - that torque curve smoothed out very nicely. I can really notice the improved range on the turbo as well. The Bronco will now accelerate even at low RPM without feeling like I need to get out and push.

For the tire size - I think this is doing the same thing as Forscan, and it's just updating the speedometer. Most autos the transmission shift points are mostly going off engine RPM and torque. That said, I think Pro Tune does update the shift points, but that's independent of the tire adjustment.

Can't answer with pedal commander, haven't felt the need for it with the tune. And while I paid normal price at LP, I do see LP is having a sale now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

lethaljake

First Edition
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Since we did the release of the all new Ford Performance calibration for the 2.3L a few weeks ago and our customers are now just getting to install them we'd love to get everyones feedback on them.

Please post your reviews as well as any pics, videos and info regarding your new device and calibration from Ford Performance in here. I'm especially curious to hear from the 2.3L 7MT owners and how the rev match is working for you. Maybe those who are running them can post some cool content on how it works for us.

Thanks!
m-12655-f_3.jpg
Goooood Morning, BRONCO OWNERS!

It's a new week which means NEW SALES HAVE STARTED for our absolutely bonkers BLACK FRIDAY Sales deals here at Lethal Performance!!

If you were looking to tune your 2.3L or 2.7L Bronco, there is NO BETTER time than NOW!
We're offering the Ford Performance tune kit for $599.99 2-day SHIPPED here at Lethal Performance!
CLICK ME FOR MORE POWER!!!!!!!
Improve power and shifting (for the autos of course) in both the 2.3L and 2.7L variant Broncos! This tune can be completed in minutes and can retain a 3/36k Ford Performance warranty if done by a Ford dealership (or ASE certified technician).

2.3L:
Peak torque = 385 lb.-ft. at 3,500 RPM
Peak power = 330 HP at 5,500 RPM
2.7L:
Peak torque = 433 lb.-ft. at 3,500 RPM
Peak power = 355 HP at 5,500 RPM
BOTH ADD:
Ability to change tire size up to BFG 37x12.5R17 KO2 (579 revolutions per mile). [Additional modifications required.]
Ability to change axle ratio/FDU up to 5.38
Enables upgrade of M190 to M210 front drive unit by reconfiguring DLCM module
Keep in mind this is using PREMIUM FUEL! The shift schedule alone is worth the re-flash!

Check them out in the link(s) below!

2.7L - Ford Performance Calibration w/ ProCal 4 Calibration Delivery Tool (2021-2023 Bronco 2.7L) - M-9603-B27

2.3L - Ford Performance Calibration w/ ProCal 4 Calibration Delivery Tool (2021-2023 Bronco 2.3L) - M-9603-B23

FordPerformance (1).jpg

e34john

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e10, e30, e34
Your Bronco Model
Base
Goooood Morning, BRONCO OWNERS!

It's a new week which means NEW SALES HAVE STARTED for our absolutely bonkers BLACK FRIDAY Sales deals here at Lethal Performance!!

If you were looking to tune your 2.3L or 2.7L Bronco, there is NO BETTER time than NOW!
We're offering the Ford Performance tune kit for $599.99 2-day SHIPPED here at Lethal Performance!

FordPerformance (1).jpg

Thanks, just purchased one! First time buying from you guys, more orders to come I'm sure. but I was hoping it would be 599 shipped after taxes :(

lethaljake

First Edition
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks, just purchased one! First time buying from you guys, more orders to come I'm sure. but I was hoping it would be 599 shipped after taxes :(
Thank you so much for that! We really appreciate the support and business!

I'm so sorry about that, what if I told you it already shipped? Would that help the pain a little bit? Haha.

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm thinking of taking advantage of the lethal performance black Friday deal on the fp tune can anyone that has installed it on a manual transmission tell me if how you access the Rev matching and or the start stop features after its installed. Basically do you have access to turn on or off those features from the in dash factory display or do you have to reconnect the reprogramming box to access the enable/disable features of those options?

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm thinking of taking advantage of the lethal performance black Friday deal on the fp tune can anyone that has installed it on a manual transmission tell me if how you access the Rev matching and or the start stop features after its installed. Basically do you have access to turn on or off those features from the in dash factory display or do you have to reconnect the reprogramming box to access the enable/disable features of those options?
Yep mine were automatically applied. I can use the A.S.S. button like normal, and you can access Rev matching through the menu. But not really sure why I would ever want to.
Sponsored