First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Sasquatch , 1951 Willy's M-38
Your Bronco Model
Base
It seems like this is going to be a full time job for a few weeks.

I've never had a company make me work this hard to pay them $60k.
So true.....
Sponsored

OP
OP
FastAndLight

FastAndLight

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, BMW M5, BMW 325iX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's almost impossible to change dealers if your reservation has been converted to a order. I'm going to try , but I am going to place a 2nd order with a dealer close to me.
I will keep the order at Chapman, but 3 to 5 years waiting on their allocation is asking a lot of me.
Yeah, that's how I feel about my SAC order. I'm going to use that to get my 2023 or 2024 replacement for hopefully this 2022 compromise Bronco.

Rockledge

Base
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Sasquatch , 1951 Willy's M-38
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm considering -changing my hard top MIC to a soft top. and possibly 2.7 to 2.3 in light of the problems being reported . But I really want them both.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, that's how I feel about my SAC order. I'm going to use that to get my 2023 or 2024 replacement for hopefully this compromise Bronco.
Here's the best thing to do now if you have an order with Chapman, SAC or Granger and already know it's going to be a long wait. Change your build to exactly what you want. Constraints be damned. By the time your number comes up hopefully constraints will be a thing of the past.

Then find a dealer to order your hold over Bronco from.

sgkartracer15

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@FastAndLight Give Dayton Overstreet a call at Akins Ford in Winder. I have bought 4 vehicles there in the past and have a Base EG on order as well. They are straight shooters, will sell/order at MSRP and have one of the best in-house custom shops [Wild Willies] this side of TCCustoms on the premises.
I am not sure how many allocations they have in backlog [nor where I stand in line] but they are a very high volume dealer that knows how to treat their customers.
If you cant get Dayton, Kris Wall is the Sales Manager and he is a fantastic resource as well...good luck!

https://order.akinsford.com/carresearch/CustomOrder/Ford/
I can attest to Kris over at Akins being pretty awesome. He and my sales rep. Matt have both been great. Even when they've been hella busy they have done what they can to communicate with me and answer questions.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FastAndLight

FastAndLight

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's the best thing to do now if you have an order with Chapman, SAC or Granger and already know it's going to be a long wait. Change your build to exactly what you want. Constraints be damned. By the time your number comes up hopefully constraints will be a thing of the past.

Then find a dealer to order your hold over Bronco from.
Yup, that is my plan for basically this week. Find another dealer who can get an order filled before the heat death of the universe and then switch my SAC build back to what I really want.

In terms of my compromise Bronco, has anyone seen anything about what is getting pulled first?
I think I can guess:
4d, soft top, no sasquatch, no sway bar disconnect, 2.3, auto, mid package, no tow.

Maybe Sasquatch isn't a problem anymore.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup, that is my plan for basically this week. Find another dealer who can get an order filled before the heat death of the universe and then switch my SAC build back to what I really want.

In terms of my compromise Bronco, has anyone seen anything about what is getting pulled first?
I think I can guess:
4d, soft top, no sasquatch, no sway bar disconnect, 2.3, auto, mid package, no tow.

Maybe Sasquatch isn't a problem anymore.
Sasquatch apparently is still holding up orders. And now Advance 4x4 might be as well.

OP
OP
FastAndLight

FastAndLight

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sasquatch apparently is still holding up orders. And now Advance 4x4 might be as well.
FML.

This compromise Bronco is going to be a real compromise.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FastAndLight

FastAndLight

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In case anyone was still interested, I ended up placing my order on 24 January with Five Star Ford in Stone Mountain. I just got notified today that I have a build date of 5/23. Still no word at all on my other order with SAC.

OldGuard

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 M6 Vert, 71 TR6, 06 Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In case anyone was still interested, I ended up placing my order on 24 January with Five Star Ford in Stone Mountain. I just got notified today that I have a build date of 5/23. Still no word at all on my other order with SAC.
@FastAndLight You won't be disappointed. I picked up my Badlands from 5-Star a couple of weeks ago. I went in completely wound-up, expecting to get the typical 2-hour runaround from salesman to sales manager, to finance manager, and back, but the guys at 5-Star were awesome and the process was quick. Easiest new car purchase I've made in my life.

OP
OP
FastAndLight

FastAndLight

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@FastAndLight You won't be disappointed. I picked up my Badlands from 5-Star a couple of weeks ago. I went in completely wound-up, expecting to get the typical 2-hour runaround from salesman to sales manager, to finance manager, and back, but the guys at 5-Star were awesome and the process was quick. Easiest new car purchase I've made in my life.
Awesome! Thank you. So far my impression matches your experience. I worked with Drew, a sales manager, and he let me get all over his Bronco, which is almost the exact same as my build. He was awesome and he reached out to let me know I was scheduled before I asked or anything.
Sponsored