Sponsored

[Poll] How do you wire a light bar to your Bronco?

How do you wire the light bar to your Bronco?

• Total voters

never_own_a_ford_before

Badlands
First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got a light bar and doing some research into how to best wire it up. My initial assumption is that it'll be super easy to wire into the aux switches via the wiring Ford provides at the passenger side visor. However the light bar I got demands way more power, exceeds what factory wires can handle so I don't want to risk burning my car down. That, and I don't want to drill a hole through the windshield accessory mount either for it.
Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got a light bar and doing some research into how to best wire it up. My initial assumption is that it'll be super easy to wire into the aux switches via the wiring Ford provides at the passenger side visor. However the light bar I got demands way more power, exceeds what factory wires can handle so I don't want to risk burning my car down. That, and I don't want to drill a hole through the windshield accessory mount either for it.
Could you tape some thicker wire to the original and pull it through to replace the original?

I have not done anything with my aux switches yet, so just curious.

OP
OP

never_own_a_ford_before

Badlands
First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could you tape some thicker wire to the original and pull it through to replace the original?

I have not done anything with my aux switches yet, so just curious.
Yea you would need to do that to replace the original wire to handle some of the more power hungry light bar, too much effort though so I'm just gonna stick to running it under the weather strip like how these guys did it

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't like the idea of drilling but it seems like thr best choice.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I drilled a hole and ran all new wiring inside then
Ford Bronco [Poll] How do you wire a light bar to your Bronco? 20220408_162620-1
out the firewall, then over to fuse box. 40 inch Ridged Curved. The Bronco wiring is way to small to use.

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs