Sponsored

Poll:trim change i.e.:base to badlands

Will you keep your reservation if you can't change model/trim?

• Yes

• No

• No?: buying a jeep instead!

Results are only viewable after voting.

BroncoKid

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 & Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just gonna repeat my first post because you clearly didn’t read it:
So why doesn't the site let me configure it the way I want, with a Base package, Sasquatch, and Manual Transmission and notify me it will not be available until later?
Don't just kick the manual transmission to the curb when I select the Sasquatch package!
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it does happen that we're locked into what we reserved. Then, I would probably keep my Black Diamond reservation. It wouldn't be too different from the Big Bend build I'm aiming for, so, not a huge issue.
I would have figured out a swap with you. Lol

BroncoKid

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 & Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you understand what " Late Availability" actually means? :rolleyes: :cautious:

Gird your loins for not seeing a Mansquatch until 2022MY.

If you can't wait that long, for whatever reason, get the 10A and live with it.
I am well aware of what Late Availability actually means.

Are you aware that some people only buy what they want and not what the people in Marketing want you to buy? Why would I, or anyone, buy something they don't want. An automatic is definitely something I don't want in my next vehicle and If I can't get it, then take me off the list.

I'm good with waiting until 2022, I'm in no hurry to part with my money. Besides, in another year, something else might come along.

This just goes to show how out of touch Ford Marketing really is. It tells me is they are only interested in building Grocery Getters and not true off road vehicles.

It is kind of like the video of the guy taking the soft top off; 20 something, flannel shirt, almost a beard, trying to look like he lives in the outdoors. I'll bet he has never slept in a tent with the outside temps just above zero degrees F or on a mountain top above 13,000', or spent more than an afternoon hiking in the wilderness.

OP
OP

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am well aware of what Late Availability actually means.

Are you aware that some people only buy what they want and not what the people in Marketing want you to buy? Why would I, or anyone, buy something they don't want. An automatic is definitely something I don't want in my next vehicle and If I can't get it, then take me off the list.

I'm good with waiting until 2022, I'm in no hurry to part with my money. Besides, in another year, something else might come along.

This just goes to show how out of touch Ford Marketing really is. It tells me is they are only interested in building Grocery Getters and not true off road vehicles.

It is kind of like the video of the guy taking the soft top off; 20 something, flannel shirt, almost a beard, trying to look like he lives in the outdoors. I'll bet he has never slept in a tent with the outside temps just above zero degrees F or on a mountain top above 13,000', or spent more than an afternoon hiking in the wilderness.
They haven't integrated the late availability into the B&P for a reason im sure. A reason beyond our comprehension. Maybe marketing is leaving out the late availability because of production rates, confusion, they had a game plan and are sticking to it. Im quite happy with what's available to be honest. I dont want to add 20k onto my note for an already 50k vehicle when it can be done later. This is the first time any manufacturer has attempted to accommodate such a plethora of option from the sales floor. (I think) while in the middle of a pandemic, and their still paying enough attention to our wants to make changes and acknowledge our wants. Thats better than I expected from a group that really doesn't have to do anything we ask. I do agree they should have stated late availability on things but there's details that have to be worked out with legal departments before anything like that can even be stated without making them liable for like false advertisement to say the least.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am trying to figure out what ignorant metrosexual in Ford's marketing department came up with the package grouping?

They go through the trouble of developing a really good looking off road package and then refuse to sell it with a manual transmission and the suspension upgrade.

They even brag that most customers of this type of vehicle will spend thousands on upgrades but they won't let their customers select individual options.

Is it too much to ask for a base model (or any model) with the suspension upgrade and a manual transmission? Are all of Fords marketing weenies driving around automatic Echosports, with a five o'clock shadow and flannel shirts thinking they are the epidemy of a backwoodsman but have never slept on a mountain top in a tent, outside of cell range?
i believe the term used was "hipster lumberjacks"

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Pretty sure marketing isn’t deciding if the manual to get mated it to the 2.7 or available with Sasquatch... Probably an engineering decision. Just a random thought...

By the way we can slam the grocery getting mall crawlers all we want....Without that segment I doubt the bronco would’ve come back.

Reactions: RG7

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am trying to figure out what ignorant metrosexual in Ford's marketing department came up with the package grouping?

They go through the trouble of developing a really good looking off road package and then refuse to sell it with a manual transmission and the suspension upgrade.

They even brag that most customers of this type of vehicle will spend thousands on upgrades but they won't let their customers select individual options.

Is it too much to ask for a base model (or any model) with the suspension upgrade and a manual transmission? Are all of Fords marketing weenies driving around automatic Echosports, with a five o'clock shadow and flannel shirts thinking they are the epidemy of a backwoodsman but have never slept on a mountain top in a tent, outside of cell range?
I feel the same way, they did a great job with the Bronco, no doubt about it, looks like a true off road we paying homage to the original. But then they have these hipsters right out of Williamsburg showing off the features of these things. One video one of the representatives said something ing like “I’ve never off-roader before but I’m told this helps give you traction “ . Where do they get these people. They should have hired people that have offloaded, even people who are big wrangler off readers so they could speak intelligently and be able to compare and contrast.

BroncoKid

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 & Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
They haven't integrated the late availability into the B&P for a reason im sure. A reason beyond our comprehension. Maybe marketing is leaving out the late availability because of production rates, confusion, they had a game plan and are sticking to it. Im quite happy with what's available to be honest. I dont want to add 20k onto my note for an already 50k vehicle when it can be done later. This is the first time any manufacturer has attempted to accommodate such a plethora of option from the sales floor. (I think) while in the middle of a pandemic, and their still paying enough attention to our wants to make changes and acknowledge our wants. Thats better than I expected from a group that really doesn't have to do anything we ask. I do agree they should have stated late availability on things but there's details that have to be worked out with legal departments before anything like that can even be stated without making them liable for like false advertisement to say the least.
Wants and needs are two different things. I have two trucks plus my wife's SUV, I don't need a Bronco, I want one.

I want a Bronco configured the way I want it, not the way some guy in Marketing things I want it. The Bronco for me was not going to be a grocery getter, like most of them will be. Besides buying this as a toy, I will not spend that kind of money on a vehicle that is not configured the way I want it.

I would hope the delay on the manual transmission in the Sasquatch Package is engineering related and not a marketing decision, although I kind of doubt it. If that is the case, my hope is they resolve and improve the item(s) that are keeping the manual out of the Sasquatch. Who knows, by 2022, maybe we can get the V6 with a manual.

The other question for Ford is that since they have taken a deposit from me and my desired configuration will have to wait until 2022, will they honor the 2021 prices?

OP
OP

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wants and needs are two different things. I have two trucks plus my wife's SUV, I don't need a Bronco, I want one.

I want a Bronco configured the way I want it, not the way some guy in Marketing things I want it. The Bronco for me was not going to be a grocery getter, like most of them will be. Besides buying this as a toy, I will not spend that kind of money on a vehicle that is not configured the way I want it.

I would hope the delay on the manual transmission in the Sasquatch Package is engineering related and not a marketing decision, although I kind of doubt it. If that is the case, my hope is they resolve and improve the item(s) that are keeping the manual out of the Sasquatch. Who knows, by 2022, maybe we can get the V6 with a manual.

The other question for Ford is that since they have taken a deposit from me and my desired configuration will have to wait until 2022, will they honor the 2021 prices?
What kind of price changes are you worried about? I highly doubt they will change msrp as economically the bronco coming in was taking a jeep monopoly (more of a niche monolopy) out of the picture. Ford is probably smart enough to know if they charge more than a jeep people will go to jeep. All other price changes will be driven by dealers.

BroncoKid

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 & Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
What kind of price changes are you worried about? I highly doubt they will change msrp as economically the bronco coming in was taking a jeep monopoly (more of a niche monolopy) out of the picture. Ford is probably smart enough to know if they charge more than a jeep people will go to jeep. All other price changes will be driven by dealers.
Jack,

Even if they raise the price $1, I find it unacceptable. This a vehicle that I don't need (I have two trucks and my wife's SUV) but want. I can get over my "wants" with time, as I'm sure many perspective buyers will. I do hope the Bronco is successful and turns out to be a well sorted vehicle.

Ford has a lot of "buzz" going on about the Bronco right now and they can ask a premium.

As for "jeep people will go to jeep", that may not be true. Look at the quality reports on Jeeps, they are in the toilet. People by Jeeps because they are "cool" and put up with the rest. Well not all people. I am a former Jeep owner and my Wrangler was such a POS I dumped it after two years and never went back. It was a fun toy, and that is what I bought it for. However, things like filling the gas tank and having fuel run out of the top of the tank and on to the hot exhaust is inexcusable. Not to mention a steering shaft that wore out at 27K miles and wasn't covered by the warranty. Or that after six months it had to be completely repainted because there was rust on every body panel.

I can forgive the UAW for the way they put that POS together but I can't forgive how I was treated after it became obvious what turd it was.

Yes, I am still bitter!

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel the same way, they did a great job with the Bronco, no doubt about it, looks like a true off road we paying homage to the original. But then they have these hipsters right out of Williamsburg showing off the features of these things. One video one of the representatives said something ing like “I’ve never off-roader before but I’m told this helps give you traction “ . Where do they get these people. They should have hired people that have offloaded, even people who are big wrangler off readers so they could speak intelligently and be able to compare and contrast.
I had to laugh that you tried to type off-roaded three separate times and came up with three totally different words every time?

OP
OP

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jack,

Even if they raise the price $1, I find it unacceptable. This a vehicle that I don't need (I have two trucks and my wife's SUV) but want. I can get over my "wants" with time, as I'm sure many perspective buyers will. I do hope the Bronco is successful and turns out to be a well sorted vehicle.

Ford has a lot of "buzz" going on about the Bronco right now and they can ask a premium.

As for "jeep people will go to jeep", that may not be true. Look at the quality reports on Jeeps, they are in the toilet. People by Jeeps because they are "cool" and put up with the rest. Well not all people. I am a former Jeep owner and my Wrangler was such a POS I dumped it after two years and never went back. It was a fun toy, and that is what I bought it for. However, things like filling the gas tank and having fuel run out of the top of the tank and on to the hot exhaust is inexcusable. Not to mention a steering shaft that wore out at 27K miles and wasn't covered by the warranty. Or that after six months it had to be completely repainted because there was rust on every body panel.

I can forgive the UAW for the way they put that POS together but I can't forgive how I was treated after it became obvious what turd it was.

Yes, I am still bitter!
I understand the bitterness for sure! My first vehicle was an older grand Cherokee and the computer went bonkers and the whole vehicle locked up. Totaled it. Besides that. If ford ramps up cost and people don't want to pay that, there WILL still be the option of a jeep and some will go that direction. I also fully expect jeep to step up their game unless they plan to lose the majority of their customer base to bronco. There will be ebb and flow to these things as always. Not to mention, no one knows if this vehicle (bronco) will be more or less reliable than a jeep. Chances are it will but thats not proven yet. Dont get me wrong on that, chances are great! Which is why im buying a bronco and not a jeep.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had to laugh that you tried to type off-roaded three separate times and came up with three totally different words every time?
Ahh that’s what o get for not proofreading and just posting SMH

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack