Sponsored

Possible outlet for stock OBX wheels/tires?

PonyStable

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey, curious if anyone familiar with Toyota knows if you might be able to swap stock OBX wheels/tires to a 2018 Tacoma sr5? My friend is offering one for sale that needs tires and this would be a very convenient swap. Also, if they do fit, it would be a nice upgrade for Toyota owners and might be a great outlet for the scores of people who pulled their stock OBX setup. We could start trolling Tacoma forums!

It looks like the same lug pattern and I watched a video that said you could put 33s on a Tacoma without a lift. But that unfortunatelyhas reached my knowledge limit on wheel configurations.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey, curious if anyone familiar with Toyota knows if you might be able to swap stock OBX wheels/tires to a 2018 Tacoma sr5? My friend is offering one for sale that needs tires and this would be a very convenient swap. Also, if they do fit, it would be a nice upgrade for Toyota owners and might be a great outlet for the scores of people who pulled their stock OBX setup. We could start trolling Tacoma forums!

It looks like the same lug pattern and I watched a video that said you could put 33s on a Tacoma without a lift. But that unfortunatelyhas reached my knowledge limit on wheel configurations.
https://tirewheelguide.com/sizes/toyota/tacoma/2018/ 6 bolts, 139.7 mm

https://tirewheelguide.com/sizes/ford/bronco/2021/ 6 x 139.7

It does not give the size of the center opening which is also important

OP
OP
PonyStable

PonyStable

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The center bore for Toyota is 106.1 I think. Which is bigger than bronco but I honestly have no idea what that means in terms of fitting.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The center bore for Toyota is 106.1 I think. Which is bigger than bronco but I honestly have no idea what that means in terms of fitting.
Used to mean you wanted centers to match for,you guessed it, centering the wheels and lessening stain on lugs, especially old school ChryCo with bolts instead of lugs. And truer still if you buy wheels that have slots instead of holes, designed to fit multiple lug diameters

You can always install a wheel with same lug spacing but larger center hole but not the reverse
Sponsored