Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the same color and was wondering how white rings would look. I think it looks really good!

What’s on your trail sights? Those rod holders?

OP
OP

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 Door Outer Banks 2.7L Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the same color and was wondering how white rings would look. I think it looks really good!

What’s on your trail sights? Those rod holders?
custom yeah , railblaza side mount , i made the aluminum bracket to mount it too.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have trouble removing the bolts and beauty rings? I feel like a lot of people had said it was difficult to remove and bolts were stripped out.

OP
OP

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you have trouble removing the bolts and beauty rings? I feel like a lot of people had said it was difficult to remove and bolts were stripped out.
So yes , I did , its a Torqx 45 , However , the problem becomes the yellow thread locker , its a bit gummier than standard blue thread locker. It does hold but that comes at a cost when you talk about INFERIOR bolt hardness. Thankfully the depth of the torx bit can be driven in deeper at the start with the right tool.
So what I used , was something like this.
Hand Impact Driver
The key to this working is to use a HARDENED Torx 45 Bit and a BALL PEEN hammer. DO NOT and i mean DO NOT use a IMPACT , or Hammer Drill of any kind. No power Tools. The hardness of the bolt is pretty shitty. You will strip them for two reasons. One the hardness , and two You are not deep enough into the bolt with the bit.
You have to know how the tool works , you turn it one way and hold pressure on it and then strike the end. Once the bolt breaks free and turns , EVEN a little , then use a socket wrench the rest of the way. THROW THOSE BOLTS AWAY. They are very shitty.
Then get these.......
12.9 Grade Hardened Hex Bolts M10 1.5 x 25mm
Its takes 60 but these are the best quality and the cheapest I have found. I painted mine blue but you can leave them the natural color. Then use blue thread locker , just a drop on each bolt towards the start of the threads. Works wonderful. When you put them back on , just use about 30 to 40 pounds of force to tighten , no need to tighten them up crazy.

Sponsored

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, great write up! Appreciate the advice!

OP
OP

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow, great write up! Appreciate the advice!
oh and make damn sure the torx 45 bit you get to do this is hardened steel as well , do not use a shitty bit for it.

OP
OP

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco looking sharp Jason! Hope you are loving it. :)
While I do love it , it has some issues , that I have to remedy , like the inferior t45 bolts on the rings , the rear window seal that sagged when I got it and I still have to fix that with better adhesive after I clean the crap Ford used on it at the factory. There is a lot of slightly rusted heads on various bolts all over the bumpers , and I have yet to actually take it near a saltier environment , which that's happening this spring and summer. The inconsistencies with Android auto and information panel on the head unit , where the information panel randomly changes to a different panel when I start the bronco up , one time it will be the tripmeter , next time , tire pressure , next time elevation changes , it should simply always stay on whatever I put it on. Also when android auto starts up , it gives me a satellite view of the map , however if you change it to any other screen , it no longer is able to return to the satellite view in split screen with my music app , its either the music app , or the nav panel full screen without satellite view, not split screen. Alot of this has to do with Bluetooth reconnection and wifi reconnection issues , where the app on the head unit has poor coding. Not something particularly fixable by Ford , but by whoever made the head unit software , which is probably UNIX , or some other same type of company. The fact that you have to have an Oil Catch can in order to keep from burning oil in your intake and cooking ya valves. The window rattle which has an adjustment under the door but I have not done it yet because it may be the kind of thing you do not want to be tight and might break ya glass somehow. The window getting stuck in the fully up position and having to reset it with holding the up and down button for said window to reprogram the drop point on opening and closing the door.

Aside from those glaring issues , and probably a few I'm missing , its a great vehicle. I have mine fully paid for and I enjoy the hell out of it but yeah , it has its fair share of things that I have overlooked for the most part , I'm probably more forgiving than most though.
Sponsored