First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, I bit the bullet and spent a good amount of cash on new speakers and an amp/DSP; I went with a great shop near me called Autosonics and they did a really nice installation. They provided three options ranging in price from $3,400 to over $7k (gulp), and I decided to with the $3,400 option. They installed an Audison AP F8.9 bit under the dash left of the steering wheel, 4.5 inch Hertz CPK Cento 2-way components in the front with the tweeters replacing the 4.5 inch OEM speakers and the mid/bass in the kick panel, and 4.5 inch Hertz CX 100 in the rear. The change is dramatic, to say the least - IT IS LOUD AS F!!! The sound quality is much better but it for sure needs a sub and some more tweaking (DSP). I've decided to add the sub myself and I'm going to "tune" it as well; I've downloaded the app from Audison and it looks pretty straightforward and the amp connections are easily accessed. Sorry for the long thread for a basic question, but I thought you guys might like it. Anyway, where should I get power for the sub? It looks like one of the aux power sources goes back to the passenger's side and is easily accessible, but what other options would you guys choose? THANKS
Sponsored

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The instructions specify 8ga wiring going all the way directly to the battery, with an inline fuse within 16” of the battery. That’s the only right way here.

OP
OP

shardy100

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, no 8 GA source then. Ok, thanks - I guess that's what I'll have to do!

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I admit, I personally think that’s overkill for a 15a circuit, but when you’ve spent this much money so far and you’re not skimping on the sub, I’m sure you won’t regret just doing it right. And I’m sure it will make a huge difference in sound!
Sponsored