First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco G2&G3&G6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone know what would be the best power source for an amplifier remote turn-on lead?

I've pulled the audio controls to access the speaker wire harness and would like to find a wire that can power the remote lead.

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored

jhenson81

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What amp are you using? Some newer ones can power up with audio signal from the inputs. No need for a remote wire. (y)

OP
OP
SATX

SATX

Big Bend
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco G2&G3&G6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What amp are you using? Some newer ones can power up with audio signal from the inputs. No need for a remote wire. (y)
Yes I have one of those but I don't like the popping sounds when turning off car and speakers turn off and amp does not.

Everything is connected as properly but they will pop.

jhenson81

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes I have one of those but I don't like the popping sounds when turning off car and speakers turn off and amp does not.

Everything is connected as properly but they will pop.
Ah, that sucks. I don't have my Bronco yet but I was thinking of maybe connecting an amp to one of the AUX switches. Unless you're going to use that wire for something else. Other ideas I have are the 12 volt outlet or maybe the USB port, if those are switched with the start-stop button.

jhenson81

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Another option came to mind. If models without the factory sub have the harness for the amplifier, you might be able to tap into that. My 2015 F-150 has the harness and you would have to enable it with Forscan. Maybe that would be an option if the harness is there.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SATX

SATX

Big Bend
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco G2&G3&G6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Another option came to mind. If models without the factory sub have the harness for the amplifier, you might be able to tap into that. My 2015 F-150 has the harness and you would have to enable it with Forscan. Maybe that would be an option if the harness is there.
No didn't see any open harness.

Zhilyard

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion TC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious, anyone find something like this for the bronco yet? There has to be a fuse with the same function in the bronco.
(From f150 forum)
Ford Bronco Amplifier remote turn-on lead power source Screenshot_20211118-065313_Chrome

OP
OP
SATX

SATX

Big Bend
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco G2&G3&G6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Curious, anyone find something like this for the bronco yet? There has to be a fuse with the same function in the bronco.
(From f150 forum)
Ford Bronco Amplifier remote turn-on lead power source Screenshot_20211118-065313_Chrome
You find an answer anywhere?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

(From f150 forum)

A quick test light and you could find out. See which fuses still have power while the radio is playing but the ignition is off, and then which of those lose power when the radio turns off.

OP
OP
SATX

SATX

Big Bend
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco G2&G3&G6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone know what wire from the ACM harness can be used as the remote turn-on power source for an amp?

Sponsored
OP
OP
SATX

SATX

Big Bend
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco G2&G3&G6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You find an answer anywhere?
No answer on remote power wire yet. Plug and play kits have been created so I imagine someone knows what wire to use for remote power to amp. Right now, I have my amp set to sense speaker signal, but that keeps the amp powered for a few min after the radio is off.

OP
OP
SATX

SATX

Big Bend
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco G2&G3&G6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone have a full audio harness diagram? I've seen the speaker wire colors and locations, but I'm looking for a wire that can serve as the amp's remote turn on so that the amp powers on and off with the ACM.