First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My initial impression of the B&O sound system was “Meh”. It did sound better than the stock system when I compared the two on my test drives, but I found it underwhelming. This was while listening to the Sirius XM channels that were already programmed into each vehicle at the dealership. I added Ford+Alexa this past week, and have been listening to my Amazon music using Alexa. The sound quality is Night and Day. The B&O is way better than I initially gave it credit for. Coming home last night on a 4 hour road trip, running 75mph, listening to My Gift by Carrie Underwood for some Christmas cheer, my wife and I were impressed with how clear and crisp the sound was in a ragtop cruising at Highway speeds. Sirius XM does not do this sound system justice. Merry Christmas All!!
Sponsored

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Nice to know. When I test drove the LUX WT Bronxo at my dealer it was hard for me to test the stereo since I was so I awe of the Bronco. In my AMG the B&O system is great. So I am looking forward to having it in my Bronco.
Merry Christmas to you as well.

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Typically XM is pretty heavily compressed - certain channels (popular) ones are better but still not great.

listening through Amazon music is going to be MUCH better quality - especially if you allow full bandwidth.

Likewise, the Sirius app - If you opt for it - would be better quality. Generally I only use my actual built in Sirius if I’m in an area where there’s no LTE/5G service.

jbacchi70

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, 1968 Plymouth Road Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes - garbage in, garbage out. I found that a quality sound source and tweaking the EQ improved the sound dramatically.

Sponsored

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As people said above, you need to find a decent sound source to really test it (garbage in garbage out). Sat radio pretty much always sounds terrible… I can’t listen to music on it, drives me nuts. So to really test it, listen to something with as little compression as possible. A good radio station, direct usb connection to a quality recorded, minimally compressed audio source etc.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes - garbage in, garbage out. I found that a quality sound source and tweaking the EQ improved the sound dramatically.
What settings did you use for the EQ? I like the B&O a lot with Amazon music, it sounds really good…so dramatic improvement from that would be awesome.

jbacchi70

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, 1968 Plymouth Road Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What settings did you use for the EQ? I like the B&O a lot with Amazon music, it sounds really good…so dramatic improvement from that would be awesome.
I put the treble and bass just below 100% and bring the mid to almost zero.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I normally end up with the “smily face” eq curve. Turned up bass, turned down mids (scooped) and turned up treble. I don’t have my bronco yet to see how this sounds with this system yet though.

OP
OP
HeliPilot

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put the treble and bass just below 100% and bring the mid to almost zero.
Not quite 100 on the treble and bass, at or just below zero on mid for me

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The XM is horrible with reception and music quality. Thought the BO system sucks till I used my pandora app and played with the audio controls. Switch back to XM and garbage.

OP
OP
HeliPilot

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The XM is horrible with reception and music quality. Thought the BO system sucks till I used my pandora app and played with the audio controls. Switch back to XM and garbage.
Exactly. Drops way off using XM
Sponsored