RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How is the interface for music on USB stick? Are you able to search by artist, album, track. etc? I just want to keep it simple like I am used to doing in our older cars.
Sponsored

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How is the interface for music on USB stick? Are you able to search by artist, album, track. etc? I just want to keep it simple like I am used to doing in our older cars.
I'll add to this, do all USB ports tie into the infotainment system, including the USB C ports?

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Surprised to not see any responses on this after a few days.

First let me say, my experience is with Sync 3 on an F-150 and Explorer. I highly doubt Sync 4 is going to take the functionality away.

I have a USB drive in my truck. It is filled with thousands of songs in the FLAC format. I chose this format because of its lossless compression. I believe it is a 128GB. Regardless, when you build your USB, make sure you categorize the genre/artist/album/song etc. within folders and include the metadata. I ripped mine and manually built it all for accuracy.

All the work paid off though, because I can search for Christmas music in December or Country or whatever whenever I wish. Often I just play mine on random, and skip the Christmas tunes when they come up. So mine is like an ultimate juke box or mix station, you never know what's going to be next.

OP
OP
RyanRallyX

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

First let me say, my experience is with Sync 3 on an F-150 and Explorer. I highly doubt Sync 4 is going to take the functionality away.

I have a USB drive in my truck. It is filled with thousands of songs in the FLAC format. I chose this format because of its lossless compression. I believe it is a 128GB. Regardless, when you build your USB, make sure you categorize the genre/artist/album/song etc. within folders and include the metadata. I ripped mine and manually built it all for accuracy.

All the work paid off though, because I can search for Christmas music in December or Country or whatever whenever I wish. Often I just play mine on random, and skip the Christmas tunes when they come up. So mine is like an ultimate juke box or mix station, you never know what's going to be next.
Awesome. Sounds like what I am used to with our Pilot. It is as organized as I make it. :) I have a few songs that arent tagged properly so will work on that.

Thank you for the response!

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Awesome. Sounds like what I am used to with our Pilot. It is as organized as I make it. :) I have a few songs that arent tagged properly so will work on that.

Yes you can. This is one of the questions I had at the show and tell my dealer had with the Ford Bronco Group.
I even brought my thumb drive and listened to it on a Badlands Demo model.
Same as F150 described above.

Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My pleasure. It does work similar to the Honda products, but if I remember correctly the Hondas can only handle up to a 32GB USB. So advantage Ford.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, in anticipation of my CDless Bronco, I ripped copied whatever 1400 songs onto a new Sandisk MP3 player with USB. It works fine on my home stereo, I select music using the stereo controls. In my cars I have to use the player's controls. It works on the aftermarket stereo USB in my Mustang, I use the Aux in on my Explorer (no USB), on my 2015 F250 (w/ some form of Sync) the USB won't work I have to use the Aux in (my son's Iphone won't work with the USB either) and I have to use the Aux in rather than USB on my aftermarket stereo in my motorhome.

I understood nothing of your FLAC, 128GB discussion, but what do you think the odds of it working on the Bronco's USB? I don't mind controlling it either from the device or Bronco stereo as I run it on random all the time anyway, don't care what song comes up, like a juke box, I wouldn't have put them on there if I didn't like them...

Thanks for your help.

OP
OP
RyanRallyX

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, in anticipation of my CDless Bronco, I ripped copied whatever 1400 songs onto a new Sandisk MP3 player with USB. It works fine on my home stereo, I select music using the stereo controls. In my cars I have to use the player's controls. It works on the aftermarket stereo USB in my Mustang, I use the Aux in on my Explorer (no USB), on my 2015 F250 (w/ some form of Sync) the USB won't work I have to use the Aux in (my son's Iphone won't work with the USB either) and I have to use the Aux in rather than USB on my aftermarket stereo in my motorhome.

I understood nothing of your FLAC, 128GB discussion, but what do you think the odds of it working on the Bronco's USB? I don't mind controlling it either from the device or Bronco stereo as I run it on random all the time anyway, don't care what song comes up, like a juke box, I wouldn't have put them on there if I didn't like them...

Thanks for your help.
Going without the cd will be the big change. Sounds like the USB will work out fine. I imagine it will be available as a new source once the input is recognized?

My main concern is that I don't want to mess with the phone. But if it pairs up quickly and all options are the Bronco display, then I will do that. Just that the music library on Amazon Prime seems to drop my offline music from time to time.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Going without the cd will be the big change. Sounds like the USB will work out fine. I imagine it will be available as a new source once the input is recognized?
Correct, will display on the source list.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for your help.
Honestly not sure there. I would think it would work, but…? I’m trying to think of a way I can test that. I don’t have anything similar any longer. I have an iPod, it works but I don’t have a clue where my old Zune MP3 player is.

Last edited:

Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Back in 2010 I bought a iPhone 4, they make phone calls, hold thousands of my favorite songs, and allows me to post on this forum. I've moved on from the 4 through the years but the features are constant through the models.

That being said, wireless carplay is going to be awesome.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly not sure there. I would think it would work, but…? I’m trying to think of a way I can test that. I don’t have anything similar any longer. I have an iPod, it works but I don’t have a clue where my old Zune MP3 player is.
Thanks for investing some brain cell time. The player is new, so new technology, but read a review that said you had to rip in the right format or it wouldn't work at least on older versions of Sync. Guess I'll just wait for my Bronco and figure it out.

OP
OP
RyanRallyX

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can verify that the USB will show up as a new source. Tried my old 16gb, and just bought a new 32gb. The interface is simple and list the songs in alphabetical order. Didn't see any options to sort other ways, but will keep checking it out. I can scroll through the songs, select tracks like a cd player, and there is a random option. will post more if I find more options.

OP
OP
RyanRallyX

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just loaded up a new 64gb. It is only recognized at the front USB in front of the shifter. Did not show as a new source on the USB at back of center console.

Once the source is selected, the music defaulted to alphabetical order. There is a browse tab at the top right that will allow to search by Artist, Album, Song, genre, etc. Perfect.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is the new system like a 2019 F2 50 because I just have my phone hooked up to Bluetooth and then I can control it from my phone like you used to do with a 3.5 Jack I like that better than searching through the radio
Plus I can use my phone as a little mini amplifier.
Sponsored