Sponsored

Music on USB thumb-drive shows up all screwed up...

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I have a '13 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. It has about HALF of my music collection on it's internal hard-drive and it's very, very useful ... you go to the HDD and the music appears in a list just like you'd expect on the computer - you have options as to how it's displayed but the most useful and common is to display it by the Artist, which presents you a list of the musicians alphabetically. So as you can imagine, 311 is at the top, Pearl Jam is down near the bottom, Phish after it, etc. Very easy to manipulate the music even driving.

I have twice now tried to put it in the Bronco and I guess the deal is, there is no HDD so I have to bring the memory stick with me. I can live with that. BUT... the first time, it was just a mess. Almost all the songs have a number before them in the name/file - usually it's the track listing from the album it came off off ... so there was a huge mess of songs that there was no logical method but it TRIED to be alphabetical. But it just displays SONGS, not the Artists or Folders or anything like that. Good luck finding whichever song you wanted to find... I spent hours removing the numbers from all the names on the USB drive and organizing it again, took hours sitting in front of the computer.

I put it in again, it says it's Indexing and spent a long time Indexing. I googled it and Ford apparently has occasional musical Indexing problems, so I pulled it out, plugged it back in and it fired up again... except... It's now just a Random List Of Songs. No alphabetical order, no logical order, no Folders or list of Artists, just a long random list of songs.

Is that just how it is? Because I am a little disappointed, the Jeep is WAY more organized.

Thanks! If necessary I can probably snap a few pics.
Sponsored

BroncoStile

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t tried it but with some experimenting you night be able to get it to work by adding the artist name and album before the song name. A batch renaming tool would make the renaming much easier. Could have removed all the numbers in a few seconds.

jamtra

Wildtrak
First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just search by artist then album. Probably not feasible if you have individual song. The indexing is not the best for sure. It has always been a little difficult playing off usb on Sync.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't understand why there's no browser built in also...nearly all the new TVs have that feature these days even at Walmart 🤣

OP
OP
Ser Arthur Dayne

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I attached a picture from my computer. This is not *exactly* how it looks in my Jeep but it's the same premise. It presents you with all the Artists and then you push the touch screen on the one you want, and it shows you whichever songs you have from them.

It's nothing like that at all in the Bronco. Just a list of (now-randomized) songs.

I just search by artist then album. Probably not feasible if you have individual song. The indexing is not the best for sure. It has always been a little difficult playing off usb on Sync.
Now when you say Search, how are you doing that?

Thanks again everyone

IMG_2621.JPG

Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I use a small flash drive with music on my Pilot. I recently ordered a tiny flash drive so that the USB door mostly closes and loaded it with music for my OBX. I have 2 different folders for 2 different genres of music. When I open up the USB label, and choose which music folder I want, the music is all listed in alpha order. I label my songs this way as an example: The Who - Won’t Get Fooled Again. Everything works as it should. I use the USB port under the dash in front of wireless charging cradle. I will say that when I open the Browse window, it shows the music in alpha order of the performer, although the performer’s name doesn’t show….just the name of the songs. It all works well for me at the end of the day. The USB listing does offer the music to be viewed by Artist, Albums, Songs, Genres, & Composers.

image.jpg

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s 2022 stream it brother

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have noticed with the last 2 autos having sync Gen 1 in our 09 fusion and sync3 in our 17 escape that sync is super picky with the file format and order of things.

I have not yet put a thumb drive in the bronco as amazon music unlimited and Spotify really do cover a LOT of ground and you can build a Playlist.

I just wish or if available find some directions on using the Hotspot to connect to the apps outside of Android auto or Apple play.

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sync was awesome in my 08 Lincoln. Not so in my 2017 F150. Ford is always on the lookout to fix things that aren't broken. And there's me. Keep buying them....

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I gave up on the usb drive in '18 F150 with Sync 3 a long time ago because of this (the indexing mainly). It seems that the larger the thumb drive the longer it takes to index and it indexes every time you turn on the car. I put just 1 song on the thumb drive and it took forever to index. I just use it on my phone and connect it wirelessly.

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
It took a while, but eventually my Bronco indexed the drive and it is searchable, with options to sort by song, artist, album, etc. It also has the playlists available.

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seems easier these days if you just Bluetooth Spotify from your phone with whatever playlist you want . . . endless jukebox of favorite songs organized the way you want.
Bingo. Easiest and cheapest answer to the problem.

OP
OP
Ser Arthur Dayne

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I gave up on the usb drive in '18 F150 with Sync 3 a long time ago because of this (the indexing mainly). It seems that the larger the thumb drive the longer it takes to index and it indexes every time you turn on the car. I put just 1 song on the thumb drive and it took forever to index. I just use it on my phone and connect it wirelessly.
So you might be onto something here and I thank you for it. In the Jeep for example, it only took half of my thumb drive on the hard-drive. (A random half, bits and pieces, here and there) ...I bought a 64GB thumb drive when I decided to put the music on it, because that was the best deal available on Amazon probably. The problem was, 32GB was the biggest commonly available when I got my Jeep, and it has what I believe to be a 32GB HDD in it. So it doesn't understand a 64GB drive. I only have ~7+GB music, I may try a smaller drive and see how that works.

It took a while, but eventually my Bronco indexed the drive and it is searchable, with options to sort by song, artist, album, etc. It also has the playlists available.
Thank you very much, that is very helpful info, as I said above I may try a smaller drive and give it a while. Thank you again.
Sponsored