Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would like to do this but never have and don't know how. I have purchased the flash drives. Do I just plug these into my home PC, go to a music catalog page and download to the drive? Or do you need a specific format/program to do this? Thanks for any advice.
Copy your MP3 files directly onto the USB device. Put the files in a folder if you want, or leave them all at the top level. It works pretty much the same for me with a lot of random music.

Go try it out, it's easy enough to see how it works.
Sponsored

Gypsyjon

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Roxor. 2015 Ram EcoDiesel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Due to the lack of a CD player I have loaded lots of tunes onto USB thumb drives. When I plug it in the system recognizes it and will begin to play. After a few tunes or about 15 to 20 munutes, it just stops playing, usually mid song. I believe I have formatted them correctly, and everything seems to work until it doesn't. What could be the problem?

Gypsyjon

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Roxor. 2015 Ram EcoDiesel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Try formatting the drive in FAT32 with Windows rather than the default Win format.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Try formatting the drive in FAT32 with Windows rather than the default Win format.
Don’t call your Bronco fat, next thing it will need therapy

Sponsored

Adoptwithme

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't know if this is it, but the next time it stops playing touch the USB drive and see how hot it is. I have one of those tiny little USB drives that barely stick out. Problem is they get super hot.

Initially I thought maybe it was the Ford USB port that was overheating. But I put a small extension cable in between and the heat stayed with the USB and not the plug.

And I have a name brand USB.
I have this issue, also. Sometimes the thumb drive gets too hot to touch-

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have this issue, also. Sometimes the thumb drive gets too hot to touch-
Yeah..same thing happened to me..dang near burned my finger when touching the metal part. Got to the point where I was leaving it out and only plugging it in when I needed it.

That's what got me thinking so I tried a larger USB stick and it staid much cooler.. that's when I though about the short USB extension (just happened to have one).

Adoptwithme

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah..same thing happened to me..dang near burned my finger when touching the metal part. Got to the point where I was leaving it out and only plugging it in when I needed it.

That's what got me thinking so I tried a larger USB stick and it staid much cooler.. that's when I though about the short USB extension (just happened to have one).
I will try a larger usb. I also remove mine after use because it is just too hot to leave in 😬. Thank you for the recommendation!

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I tried using my Zune..."device isn't supported" Zune is dead, long live Zune!
Sponsored