Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Non SAS OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We have received the Pre-Collison Assist not available message about 8 times within the last 2-3 weeks. (Started Sept 20th) This usually happens in the afternoon when my wife is heading home from work. She got the message 3 days in a row at the same stop light only about 1/2 mile from where she works. This week it happened two days in a row at stop sign about 100 yards from where she parks the Bronco. It has happened to me twice once at a stop light coming out of a parking lot and the other driving down a divided highway doing about 45 mph about 2 miles from where I work. So with the exception of the one instance on the divided highway these errors are occurring almost immediately after leaving where the Bronco has been parked for awhile and coming to a stop (stop light or stop sign). But it does not happen every time we drive the Bronco...car is still drivable and the error goes away after shutting off the vehicle for a short while. Pulling over and turning the engine off and back on doesn't work. The error comes back almost immediately.

I am thinking it may be a loose/faulty wiring harness to the camera located in front of the rear view mirror. Would it hurt to remove the cover to the camera and check to see if there is something loose up there? Anybody removed that cover and have advice on doing so?

(I have called the two closest dealers to me and they both told me they are 3.5-4 weeks out on getting a vehicle in for service.)
Sponsored

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you checked the radar sensor below the grill? Believe it's driver's side bumper on the Outer Banks. Could be a big bug splattered on there. In addition to bugs, fog has also given me issues.

PXL_20221007_173926482.jpg

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Clean your windshield.

Also, I've had the error a couple times driving straight into the sun and once in heavy fog at night.

OP
OP
hokie94

hokie94

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Non SAS OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update: I removed the cover behind the rear view mirror and made sure all harnesses and plugs were tightly connected. Havent had the problem since.
Sponsored