Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello, I know there’s some discussion in threads but I wanted to start one that’s just Dashcams today. I’m interested in getting a front and rear Dashcam that I can wire in so it has parking mode. Super overwhelmed by all the options and see lots of viofo recs but there are so many models. Does anyone have any thoughts or input. I’m open to stuff not on prime day but noticed lots of viofo on there.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WILDcardOD

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello, I know there’s some discussion in threads but I wanted to start one that’s just Dashcams today. I’m interested in getting a front and rear Dashcam that I can wire in so it has parking mode. Super overwhelmed by all the options and see lots of viofo recs but there are so many models. Does anyone have any thoughts or input. I’m open to stuff not on prime day but noticed lots of viofo on there.
I was looking at the A229 duo and A129 pro duo currently because the A129 plus duo deal is gone for some reason and was like $45 cheaper than these two.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I posted this before but the a229 duo is amazing, needs the lens filter and the parking permanent wiring thing but based on reviews it’s the best bang for the buck option.

I watch that price like crazy and the prime sale on it is the normal price most of the time. Idk if I’d rush to buy it but it’s in my cart and I’m sleeping on it to be sure.

OP
OP
WILDcardOD

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I posted this before but the a229 duo is amazing, needs the lens filter and the parking permanent wiring thing but based on reviews it’s the best bang for the buck option.

I watch that price like crazy and the prime sale on it is the normal price most of the time. Idk if I’d rush to buy it but it’s in my cart and I’m sleeping on it to be sure.
The 179.99 is normal price? It does say lowest in 30 days? Is it like a wiring kit from them? And what is the lens filter?

Sponsored

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 179.99 is normal price? It does say lowest in 30 days? Is it like a wiring kit from them? And what is the lens filter?
You might be right. 180/190 is where I see it I thought but I’ve been wrong before. The lens is a filter and makes the image much clearer and gets rid of a lot of the glare.

Viofo CPL filter. It’s like 18 bucks.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

A139 Pro is the way to go. Has the new Sony starvis2 sensor with better night vision.

OP
OP
WILDcardOD

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A139 Pro is the way to go. Has the new Sony starvis2 sensor with better night vision.
Haha you wanna spend all my money 😂 that one does look nice though. That starts getting me worried about someone stealing my Dashcam while the top is off 🤦🏼‍♂️

Uncle Bob

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have experience with the Garmin Mini 2?

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've got one, pretty decent for the money, there is also a dongle you can get to hook it directly to the power from your rearview mirror, clean installation.

Sponsored

Uncle Bob

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m a fan of the low price, small footprint, and clean install option.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

with the Ford dongar adapter it's super small and hides from your view. You should note that it's not an always on option however. The video is pretty good, it connects to your phone and you can watch live views or just get those capture warnings. Mine "detected" a crash once when I was offroading and saved about 30 seconds of footage of me coming down a little harder than planned :D

mlugb6ro

Badlands
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d Rubicon, escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I would want a good stabilized dash cam for trails. With the ability to save a lot of video.
Sponsored