Sponsored

Dash cam and zone lighting save the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was startled awake at 230am last night to a drugged out lady ringing my doorbell and then immediately running and hiding behind my vehicles, waiting for me to open the door.

Ford Bronco Dash cam and zone lighting save the day. Screenshot_20211110-123522_1Gallery

I instantly pulled up my exterior security cameras and my dash cam to see what was going on. From the dashcam I could clearly see the person hiding behind the vehicle, and I decided the best course of action was to remote start the Bronco and turn on Zone Lighting.

This scared the person off and last I saw, they headed down the road to do the same thing to a neighbor.

I alerted the police and they did not care.

Sorry, no dashcam footage. It shows my address clear as day so not the best thing to put on the internet. Just an FYI of how useful tech can be!
Sponsored

Last edited:

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So when you use remote start do the doors of the vehicle stay locked until the keyfob is detected nearby?

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So when you use remote start do the doors of the vehicle stay locked until the keyfob is detected nearby?
Yes. You have to push lock and then remote start twice for it to activate. Locking the doors is mandatory.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was startled awake at 230am last night to a drugged out lady ringing my doorbell and then immediately running and hiding behind my vehicles, waiting for me to open the door.

Screenshot_20211110-123522_1Gallery.jpg

I instantly pulled up my exterior security cameras and my dash cam to see what was going on. From the dashcam I could clearly see the person hiding behind the vehicle, and I decided the best course of action was to remote start the Bronco and turn on Zone Lighting.

This scared the person off and last I saw, they headed down the road to do the same thing to a neighbor.

Sorry, no dashcam footage. It shows my address clear as day so not the best thing to put on the internet. Just an FYI of how useful tech can be!
Reminds me of the episode of chapels show lil cinnamon lil nutmeg taste just like crack

8DB51F47-D2F2-411F-8D7D-1BE88C5D3F6A.gif

Sponsored
OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reminds me of the episode of chapels show lil cinnamon lil nutmeg taste just like crack
I have more footage but its not what I want on the internet. 🤣

She was CLEARLY on drugs. Very twitchy, erratic. I mean she missed the fact it was a video doorbell. Why run behind the cars when you're already on camera?

She later circles around and looks in the front window of the house while I was waiting on the zone lighting to kick on and to find my pants.

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Dash cam and zone lighting save the day. 8DB51F47-D2F2-411F-8D7D-1BE88C5D3F6A

Sorry but I don't understand what she was trying to accomplish. Did she have a partner and this was an attempted mugging? Was she looking for snowbird homes to break into? That seems unlikely since she would target empty driveways and no tires marks. For fun? Here in far north Phoenix, we have teenagers roaming the streets between 2 and 4AM looking for unlocked cars and when they find one they steal anything of value and then leave the doors open to let you know they where there. Of course we have the usual roaming coyotes, javelinas, bob cats, mountain lions, and black bears every couple of years.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry but I don't understand what she was trying to accomplish. Did she have a partner and this was an attempted mugging? Was she looking for snowbird homes to break into? That seems unlikely since she would target empty driveways and no tires marks. For fun? Here in far north Phoenix, we have teenagers roaming the streets between 2 and 4AM looking for unlocked cars and when they find one they steal anything of value and then leave the doors open to let you know they where there. Of course we have the usual roaming coyotes, javelinas, bob cats, mountain lions, and black bears every couple of years.
I suspected that it was an armed robbery attempt as this is a known method here. Woman knocks on door, someone comes out of bush with a gun.

That was my exact reasoning for turning on the Bronco and lighting up the entire area with Zone Lighting. I only have one neighbor and the other three sides of my property open to parks and stuff. Lots of places to hide.

I ruled out damsel in distress based on the fact she was peaking in my front window not long after, but before I got outside.

We have the roving gangs of car thieves too, which is why I have Arlo cameras out front as well.

I'm back in the Foothills area. Used to be really nice and quiet.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Theherofails what dash cam setup are you running? I’m doing my research now and need something for a 4dr soft top. Right now I’m thinking of running 2 Garmin Mini2’s, one forward facing and the other window mounted but facing rearward to watch the cab. I’m a total newb in the dash cam thing as I’ve never considered one before. I don’t want all the nannies and add ons, just want small, inconspicuous but effective cams to watch over my stuff.

Thanks

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I suspected that it was an armed robbery attempt as this is a known method here. Woman knocks on door, someone comes out of bush with a gun.

That was my exact reasoning for turning on the Bronco and lighting up the entire area with Zone Lighting. I only have one neighbor and the other three sides of my property open to parks and stuff. Lots of places to hide.

I ruled out damsel in distress based on the fact she was peaking in my front window not long after, but before I got outside.

We have the roving gangs of car thieves too, which is why I have Arlo cameras out front as well.

I'm back in the Foothills area. Used to be really nice and quiet.
Wow, so it was the worst case scenario. And here you have video evidence and the police didn't care. That is even worse.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Theherofails what dash cam setup are you running? I’m doing my research now and need something for a 4dr soft top. Right now I’m thinking of running 2 Garmin Mini2’s, one forward facing and the other window mounted but facing rearward to watch the cab. I’m a total newb in the dash cam thing as I’ve never considered one before. I don’t want all the nannies and add ons, just want small, inconspicuous but effective cams to watch over my stuff.

Thanks
I did a small write up on it. So far, worth every penny!

https://www.bronco6g.com/tesla-sentry-mode-surveillance-feature-install-using-blackvue-cameras/

Do the Garmin or the Nextbase 622. It has a SUPER easy install, because the back facing camera is actually attached to the one on your front windshield. No second camera or wire to run. Super easy.

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
beware of geeking females with backpacks

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did a small write up on it. So far, worth every penny!

https://www.bronco6g.com/tesla-sentry-mode-surveillance-feature-install-using-blackvue-cameras/

Do the Garmin or the Nextbase 622. It has a SUPER easy install, because the back facing camera is actually attached to the one on your front windshield. No second camera or wire to run. Super easy.
I’ve looked at the ones with the backfacing camera from Garmin. Oddly, I can buy 2 Mini2’s cheaper than I could get one Dashcam Tandem so that’s why I was leaning that way.

I’ll look at the Nextbase in more detail. Thanks!

Paloaltoicu

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Bronco Dash cam and zone lighting save the day. 8DB51F47-D2F2-411F-8D7D-1BE88C5D3F6A

Do you have ford dash cam? Did your dealer install it ? I’m looking at ford accessories online and I see some available

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Status
Not open for further replies.