Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It’s just a threaded mount… on top of that 4WP will have a dash width picatinny rail available… you’ll be able to mount anything you want to either of those. The possibilities are endless. (Picatinny, threaded, Ram mount, etc etc etc)

On top of that Ford will sell you their own rebranded dashcam accessory that interfaces with the vehicle harness for power. Either in a single or dual camera setup. No word on where they think the rear camera is going to mount. (No integration with the 360 cameras though).

1624933203987.png
1624933253450.jpeg
1624933177011.png
I thought originally Ford was offering that dash-width mounting rail as part of the Lux package?

edit: maybe it was just the USB in the dash? Woulda sworn it was the rail.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought originally Ford was offering that dash-width mounting rail as part of the Lux package?

edit: maybe it was just the USB in the dash? Woulda sworn it was the rail.
Just the power points on the dash.

The BYOD (bring your own device rail) is now a 4WP exclusive part. You can purchase it from them the second it becomes available, or from China via Amazon a few months after that.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s a power harness for the camera that plugs inline with an existing harness on the vehicle to supply 12v.

No cigarette or USB cables to plug in.
Sorry, I’m a bit of a moron… Can you elaborate what this existing harness port is? Would it be under the hood or inside the cab? I hope they have an adaptor for 12V to this magic port, that way I can just my existing 12V dash camera :)

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really love that rail, but the lack of end mechanical attachments confuses me. Looks like they just have places for the end feet of the rail to rest, but not attach.

Seems like there would be a lot of device bounce the further from the center mount you get.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, I’m a bit of a moron… Can you elaborate what this existing harness port is? Would it be under the hood or inside the cab? I hope they have an adaptor for 12V to this magic port, that way I can just my existing 12V dash camera :)
Like, there's a power harness that plugs into the back of the radio... so the dash cam comes with it's own harness, that plugs into the radio, and then the cable that did run into the radio now plugs into the camera harness.

Ford Bronco Good dash cam for the dash mount Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 12.55.32

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The BYOD (bring your own device rail) is now a 4WP exclusive part. You can purchase it from them the second it becomes available, or from China via Amazon a few months after that.
You are correct. There will be tons of variations of the same concept. It is a center attachment point and whatever you can hang off of that - rail, ram, or otherwise. For me a rail concept is not so much for how many things you can mount, but choosing the ideal location for view obstruction and functionality of the device.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone know the right spots to mirror tap for power? That's typically the path of least resistance unless you need parking mode (which I don't care about). Would be good to know for radar detector too.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like, there's a power harness that plugs into the back of the radio... so the dash cam comes with it's own harness, that plugs into the radio, and then the cable that did run into the radio now plugs into the camera harness.

Ford Bronco Good dash cam for the dash mount Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 12.55.32
Thanks for the details, and drawing - You likely felt like you were explaining this to a small child LOL.

Sounds pretty slick vs. Having some additional wires and stuff all over the place.

OP
OP
Bronc-itis

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was looking at this one too and it seemed like the Thinkware has a little better clarity. What I do like about the Blackvue is you're able to view it over LTE where the Thinkware is only over wifi. So if you want instant notifications you'd have to activate a wifi hotspot. Those two are the best 4K cams out there right now.

Tough decision. I’d also like something that can read a license plate.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In parking mode I think they'll both be comparable. Looking at my recorded videos some plates I can read really well and some are a little blurry. Under ideal conditions I'd say the
Thinkware is a little clearer. I wasn't so concerned with the instant notifications as I was with the clarity and with the onboard wifi hotspot it's easy enough to just activate it if you find you need it or temporarily for a trip. Good luck with your decision as I racked my brain myself trying to decide. lol

BTW here's where I bought mine and they do have some good sales. They just had one for Fathers Day with $100 off the Thinkware U1000. No sales tax either if you keep it under $800. ;)

https://www.blackboxmycar.com

Sponsored

BroncRik

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP
OP
Bronc-itis

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like this cam too but I am not sure itnwill have a lot or room behind the mirror there is a huge telemetry box thing behind there taking up a ton of room. when I get back in mineni will have to measure out that space.
Yeah, that box is huge. I wonder if there’s some room to mount that camera inside the box. Maybe cut a hole in the trim and tuck the camera in there. Would definitely be a cleaner install if there’s enough room.

BroncRik

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, that box is huge. I wonder if there’s some room to mount that camera inside the box. Maybe cut a hole in the trim and tuck the camera in there. Would definitely be a cleaner install if there’s enough room.
I was also looking at the Nexar cameras as they look small enough to tuck in that area as well. I am going to do some measuring this weekend so hopefully, I can make a decision about which to get at that time.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a few of these if anyone's interested...

Screenshot_20210820-172512_Chrome.jpg

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the GoPro max if you plan to use it for recording or vlog. It has 2 cameras so you can record yourself and what’s in front at the same time
Sponsored