First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hadn’t seen the little mount in the middle of the dash until these videos that were just released. Wondering how rigid that mount is. And what decent cameras would fit that. Looks like a standard threaded GoPro would work. But I would rather a better (maybe 360) camera in the front and possibly tie in a rear camera too. Us basesquatch poors have to make do.
Anyone else planning a dash cam set up?
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s just a threaded mount… on top of that 4WP will have a dash width picatinny rail available… you’ll be able to mount anything you want to either of those. The possibilities are endless. (Picatinny, threaded, Ram mount, etc etc etc)

On top of that Ford will sell you their own rebranded dashcam accessory that interfaces with the vehicle harness for power. Either in a single or dual camera setup. No word on where they think the rear camera is going to mount. (No integration with the 360 cameras though).

Ford Bronco Good dash cam for the dash mount 1624933203987
Ford Bronco Good dash cam for the dash mount 1624933253450
Ford Bronco Good dash cam for the dash mount 1624933177011

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I currently use a dashcam and probably will continue to use it in the bronco. But using the mount on the dash seems way too low for a dash cam. I'm not so sure I'd even want to film offroad from that position.

I'd mount a dash cam as high as possible to be able to film at a slightly downward angle, or to allow the lens to capture its wide field of view, especially on a tall vehicle like the bronco.

For a gopro you could use the mount there but look at how the tacoma has a factory gopro mount, you can buy those little clips cheap and mount it high. I use the same style clip to attach my gopro to my mountain bike.

Honestly I'm not sold on mounting that low to film at all. I'll have to see when I get my bronco. I don't know what Ford expected the whole long rail to be used for (I'm sure others have some good ideas) . I'd possibly put my phone there if I was using secondary apps while offroading though.

For reference, the thread is 1/4-20. So the vast majority of tripod mount type things will fit.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious how the "record and share" will work. I assume it uses the front camera at minimum.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been using a Thinkware F50 for years in my F150. Saved me when a guy pulled out and I T-boned him. I'm planning on a higher end model for the Bronco and a rear facing.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a lower end action camera with a dash cam setting (will record as long as it can and then write over the recording) as long as it has power. It's got a better picture than your typical dash cam. But it mounts like a GoPro. I'll probably try that first. I also have a dash cam that mounts to the windshield in the vehicle that the Bronco is replacing.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hadn’t seen the little mount in the middle of the dash until these videos that were just released. Wondering how rigid that mount is. And what decent cameras would fit that. Looks like a standard threaded GoPro would work. But I would rather a better (maybe 360) camera in the front and possibly tie in a rear camera too. Us basesquatch poors have to make do.
Anyone else planning a dash cam set up?
I got one of those rear view mirror ones that act as a front and rear dash cam. Plus I can use the rear cam to see what is behind me since the view out the back is crap

Ford Bronco Good dash cam for the dash mount A3919109-24FE-4EAE-9C03-DDCD86BD1FB2

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a Rexing V1Pro ready to drop in mine. It mounts to the windshield, front & optional readr camera (and can mount the rear camera inside or outside - its pretty durable). The only question I have is can it be tied into the existing connector for the Ford option without too much trouble? if so, that would save me a little trouble, but thats not any real big deal even if not.

OP
OP
Bronc-itis

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah I’m looking to get a real dash cam. And mount it higher on the windshield l. I’m not a fan of having anything in my line of sight.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On top of that Ford will sell you their own rebranded dashcam accessory that interfaces with the vehicle harness for power. Either in a single or dual camera setup. No word on where they think the rear camera is going to mount. (No integration with the 360 cameras though).
When you say that the Ford dash camera will interface with the vehicles harness for power, what do you mean by that? I just assumed their camera would plug into a 12V, as many do. Are you saying it’s to be hard wired in, will it plug into the USB port on the dash, run off Bronco customer’s hopes & dreams, or something else?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you say that the Ford dash camera will interface with the vehicles harness for power, what do you mean by that? I just assumed their camera would plug into a 12V, as many do. Are you saying it’s to be hard wired in, will it plug into the USB port on the dash, run off Bronco customer’s hopes & dreams, or something else?
There’s a power harness for the camera that plugs inline with an existing harness on the vehicle to supply 12v.

No cigarette or USB cables to plug in.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I added this Thinkware U1000 to my Ranger about a month ago. The clarity is excellent and you can add a radar module for the parking mode which puts it into economy mode so it doesn't put a high drain on your battery, or you can add battery packs. I'll be getting the same for my Bronco.

Ford Bronco Good dash cam for the dash mount IMG_4197

Ford Bronco Good dash cam for the dash mount IMG_4196

Ford Bronco Good dash cam for the dash mount REC_2021_06_12_12_33_28_F_2366

Ford Bronco Good dash cam for the dash mount REC_2021_06_12_12_33_28_R_1963

Ford Bronco Good dash cam for the dash mount REC_2021_06_11_20_36_13_F_5166

Ford Bronco Good dash cam for the dash mount REC_2021_06_11_20_36_13_R_4446

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been wondering about the Ford offered one. I would assume it's probably the same as the one offered for the Ranger. Would like to hear impressions on how that one works, especially how to download.

We've done a couple of long trips that I have captured everything but it is a pain to change out cards. Amazing how much space is taken up in a few days.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was looking at this one too and it seemed like the Thinkware has a little better clarity. What I do like about the Blackvue is you're able to view it over LTE where the Thinkware is only over wifi. So if you want instant notifications you'd have to activate a wifi hotspot. Those two are the best 4K cams out there right now.

Sponsored