First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cobra,Ranger,fj62. waiting on Bronco n Raptor R
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Like many on this site and elsewhere I was super excited when I got the text one Thursday evening from my salesman that my 2021 Carbonized Grey, Badlands, Sasquatch, Hard top, Lux, Tow, 2.7l twin turbo Bronco was at the dealer. The wait was long, frustrating and honestly confusing for me.

But once I got the news I switched gears mid way from prepping my 2017 Overland Ram 2500 Laramie for a trip to Bronco Town at the 2022 King of the Hammers in Johnson Valley and started stripping the radio, Ikamper Skycamp and cleaned out all the nooks and crannies which held all my kit. That truck could hold some kit thats for sure. By mid day Friday I had the Ram cleaned and polished up ready to trade. I was going to miss that truck and I knew it would be hard to let her go. I’d spent countless hours modifying her into a really capable rig. Carli 3” suspension lift sitting on Icon alloys with 37” Ridge Grapplers. AEV winch front bumper with a 16.5 Warn synthetic line. Expedition One dual swing out rear bumper and White Knuckle sliders. The list goes on and on but it’s safe to say that rig was really well built. I learned many lessons building her, about vendors, designs, costs, expectations, compromises, workload, and mostly about what I really need versus what I thought I need.

So when the Bronco was on order I held off on ordering anything. Not a single thing was bought. And then I convinced myself that I really could use a set of those fancy Bronco script emblems. And that tat didn’t really count as a mod, we will just see what she can do from the factory. And that lasted for a day. And I saw something else I had to have. I think it was hood struts. So he we go again. I guess I can’t help myself and I might as well take everyone on that journey with me. Maybe I can show you all something you might want, or a different way to get something done. And hopefully you all can help me with your wisdom and ideas. I’m just a guy who can’t help but tinker with his toys. Like my neighbor says, “it’s because stock sucks!”

Here we are about 6 weeks in since I bought her. She’s got an Xpel Stealth wrap done by a local to me vendor named Ceramic Pros in Burbank Ca. Harry is the manager and a really nice guy. And I’d recommend him to anyone. Feel free to ask about that process. I’ll go into detail about each mod I’ve done so far and I’ll probably start a little channel for The rest of the build. Might even get my little guy to host that. So stay tuned and let me know if there’s anything on your mind.
thanks,

Matt

BA89F633-4BBE-4D24-983C-82A45E1FEF5F.jpeg

69958B45-7A7F-486A-BBA7-6398D9E0165C.jpeg

A3F55422-FA8B-4474-B584-FF911F33AB4E.jpeg

28D415ED-173E-4262-9891-2175CF4AADE2.jpeg

120AB87D-3599-44EC-A7F4-67978CF1C194.jpeg

img_0004-jpeg.jpg

img_9999-jpeg.jpg

img_0121-jpeg.jpg

img_0122-jpeg.jpg

img_0098-jpeg.jpg
Im gonna need that ppf stealth fro my Bronco Raptor once it arrives. Plus 1 mod is never enough. Congrats
Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The way things are going my cargo trailer conversion will be done before I get the Bronco. The conversion is clearly an adventure type build with rotopax on the outside. I was coming back from a trip a few weeks ago and saw a Bronco in the rear view. I pulled into th #2 from the right lane. Bronco passed me slowly and the dropped back, I was thinking so I could check out his ride, because my body language said I wanted a look. Perhaps he was checking my project, dunno. No waves required. I guess we each had half.

Jbox343

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another 818 guy here. I swear I was driving next to you on the 405N a couple weeks back. I have the same build you do but non-squatch.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Love the look! I put Rough Country lights on mine. I highly recommend them if you plan on lights. They are easy to install and have a fantastic wiring harness included (I have switches, so I just cut them and wired them to those).
The ditch lights were a super easy install. Remove the 2 bolts for the plastic. Stuff the wire through. Butt connect to switch and then ground. If I was doing it again, I would probably not get the ditch lights that are wide angle. There is more glare off the hood than I would like, but it is still not horrible.
30 inch bar required a little more work. I had to drill the bumper to mount it because the brackets that came with it do not match any holes in the bumper. I also have a set of 8 inch single row LEDs to go in the bumper. That is going to take a little more time because I will have to completely create my own brackets to get it exactly where I want it. I will post more pics once I have that completed.
I do not think I will be able to stop doing upgrades. I need to get the hitch so I can use the recovery point/shackle I got for Christmas. I have a set of mudflaps to put on also.
It is like an addiction. 2 inch lift and 35s are next. Maybe the lower door ppf (after touch up paint).
I am going to have to make a cross-country trip to CA with a couple of stops along the way. The wheeling out there is nothing short of amazing.

Ford Bronco Project “Terminator Bronco” overland build 20220527_130151

Ford Bronco Project “Terminator Bronco” overland build 20220527_130111

Ford Bronco Project “Terminator Bronco” overland build 20220527_130141

Ford Bronco Project “Terminator Bronco” overland build 20220527_130130

Ford Bronco Project “Terminator Bronco” overland build 20220527_130119

20220506_125803.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Dom

Sponsored

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I read 'Terminator' build I was thinking Batmobile or Mad Max but this is still cool. I guess Terminator truck was just an old square body ford anyhow.

OP
OP
Knownman

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I read 'Terminator' build I was thinking Batmobile or Mad Max but this is still cool. I guess Terminator truck was just an old square body ford anyhow.
The term wasn't mine originally, but it was interesting I thought. I never actually thought about the look for the truck too much. It just sort of evolved and here we are.

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice rig...well done! Can't wait to get mine. It's gonna be a big-boy money pit! ;):LOL:

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like many on this site and elsewhere I was super excited when I got the text one Thursday evening from my salesman that my 2021 Carbonized Grey, Badlands, Sasquatch, Hard top, Lux, Tow, 2.7l twin turbo Bronco was at the dealer. The wait was long, frustrating and honestly confusing for me.

But once I got the news I switched gears mid way from prepping my 2017 Overland Ram 2500 Laramie for a trip to Bronco Town at the 2022 King of the Hammers in Johnson Valley and started stripping the radio, Ikamper Skycamp and cleaned out all the nooks and crannies which held all my kit. That truck could hold some kit thats for sure. By mid day Friday I had the Ram cleaned and polished up ready to trade. I was going to miss that truck and I knew it would be hard to let her go. I’d spent countless hours modifying her into a really capable rig. Carli 3” suspension lift sitting on Icon alloys with 37” Ridge Grapplers. AEV winch front bumper with a 16.5 Warn synthetic line. Expedition One dual swing out rear bumper and White Knuckle sliders. The list goes on and on but it’s safe to say that rig was really well built. I learned many lessons building her, about vendors, designs, costs, expectations, compromises, workload, and mostly about what I really need versus what I thought I need.

So when the Bronco was on order I held off on ordering anything. Not a single thing was bought. And then I convinced myself that I really could use a set of those fancy Bronco script emblems. And that tat didn’t really count as a mod, we will just see what she can do from the factory. And that lasted for a day. And I saw something else I had to have. I think it was hood struts. So he we go again. I guess I can’t help myself and I might as well take everyone on that journey with me. Maybe I can show you all something you might want, or a different way to get something done. And hopefully you all can help me with your wisdom and ideas. I’m just a guy who can’t help but tinker with his toys. Like my neighbor says, “it’s because stock sucks!”

Here we are about 6 weeks in since I bought her. She’s got an Xpel Stealth wrap done by a local to me vendor named Ceramic Pros in Burbank Ca. Harry is the manager and a really nice guy. And I’d recommend him to anyone. Feel free to ask about that process. I’ll go into detail about each mod I’ve done so far and I’ll probably start a little channel for The rest of the build. Might even get my little guy to host that. So stay tuned and let me know if there’s anything on your mind.
thanks,

Matt

Ford Bronco Project “Terminator Bronco” overland build 20220506_125803

Nice!!! I am here in Sherman Oaks so perhaps I will see around...we go out to Anza Borrego a lot and am going up to the ORV park in Hungry Valley near gorman soon.

OP
OP
Knownman

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice!!! I am here in Sherman Oaks so perhaps I will see around...we go out to Anza Borrego a lot and am going up to the ORV park in Hungry Valley near gorman soon.
That sounds cool. I’ve not explored that area yet. Anza was pretty awesome. Unusually cool at 95* for that time of year. But was in the mid 60’s at night which was perfect for camping.

Sponsored

Basssquatch

Base
First Name
Felipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

thanks,

Matt

Im in the social area as well, venutra! lets hit a run soon!

OP
OP
Knownman

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Project “Terminator Bronco” overland build IMG_0254
Ford Bronco Project “Terminator Bronco” overland build ?hash=2a4f12f2b1d8862c24c250abd0501449
Ford Bronco Project “Terminator Bronco” overland build IMG_0258

Fresh glass going in today. Had a tiny rock hit I the black area near the edge. That just spread out and before you know it the whole drivers side had cracked. Worst part was waiting for Safelite to order the glass. After 6 weeks and two cancelled appointments with no sign of glass coming I gave up. Best part was calling Galpin and talking to my guy who recommended this place instead. All Star Glass in Van Nuys. Super fast ordering of the glass and very quick install. Highly recommend them.

IMG_0256.jpeg

Scoops McGooch

Wildtrak
First Name
Scoops
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan/Former Jeep Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rock Blokz mud flaps and Rock Sliders installed this weekend. I'm a bit sore today! 😏
Ford Bronco Project “Terminator Bronco” overland build IMG_0256
Rig looks great! Where did you get the rock sliders?

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And the weekend brought us this update. Valykrie Off-road full length Modular roof rack. I'll do a full review once I've had some time with it and get my tent and awning mounted. It looks really good so far. Had some challenges with the delivery and finish of some of the kit. But like most things aftermarket, it's seemingly impossible to get a kit that doesn't require refitting, painting, or adding your own hardware to finish the job and have it work or look like it belongs there. I'm not sure why that is, but I guess that's just part of modifying your ride.

Nice, had no idea there was a 3rd option for roof rack. Been eyeing zroads and badass roof rack. Valkyrie is significantly cheaper and as capable. Will be looking forward to the review.