First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Bronco Fam. This is a PSA about Ford’s worthless tailgate table. Their table is a joke. Flimsy and barely functional (assuming you can manage even to install it). The design required us to drill 4 LARGE holes in the swing gate and the hardware provided immediately failed. The hardware is supposed to function similarly to drywall anchors but doesn’t work at all. 3 of the 4 anchors spun in the holes as soon as we installed them. We spent a lot of time and more money on a trip to the hardware store, to try to correct the problem. We got two holes fixed but couldn’t fix the other two holes without removing the spare tire and the carrier to access them. We finally decided the low-quality table (that only holds 25 pounds) wasn’t worth anymore trouble. We returned it to Ford and got the Rock Slide Engineering tailgate table instead. What an amazing difference! Every piece of the Rock Slide table is solid (no delicate little chains holding that thing up). It holds 100 pounds, has a much larger surface area, and was simple to install. It doesn’t cover the ridiculous holes we had to drill for the Ford table, unfortunately. Hopefully our mistake will help you though. If you still want to try Ford’s table, do NOT use the hardware they provide. Use self tapping sheet metal screws.
Sponsored

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

unfortunate you had so much trouble with the ford one

the RSE table is fantastic
your right in easy to install, works great and best of all doesn't rattle

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing but good things about the JCR table. One of my fav mods I've done.

62chad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah the jack nuts on the ford table are trash. All mine stripped and I had to buy new hardware. Also had to add some foam from furniture sliders to make it so it didn't rattle. Works great now.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went with the RockSlide also.

Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... well, I was able to install the ford table just fine. I made sure not to over torque the provided hardware and everything went in without any issues... Been using it a bunch with R/C planes and freestyle drones.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the Ford table. It’s solid and doesn’t rattle. I think it depends on how it is installed. The 25 lb weight limit is the only downside, but I never put more than that on it anyway.