Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's less the screws are too long and more that the drill went too deep.

If you look at the instructions they aren't pointy screws but rather machine screws.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think it's less the screws are too long and more that the drill went too deep.

If you look at the instructions they aren't pointy screws but rather machine screws.
self taping machine screws are still somewhat pointy IMO

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

self taping machine screws are still somewhat pointy IMO
According to the instructions posted they are not self tappers. It looks like a threaded insert and a regular screw. Pictures may vary but that's what I'm going off of.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

According to the instructions posted they are not self tappers. It looks like a threaded insert and a regular screw. Pictures may vary but that's what I'm going off of.
Thats kinda socking usually they cheap out and use self tap. Either way I at least usually use tape on my drill bits for anything car related, but not everyone pays attention to detail.

mountainbiker90

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Bronco, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm with swooshdave on this. Just about guaranteed that whoever drilled it was pressing into it pretty hard and the bit dented the skin below when the bit pushed through the hole. I doubt the screw even comes near the skin of the tailgate.

Sponsored

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They are expansion sleeve bolts, pretty sure drill, put insert in, put screw in insert, spreads insert as you tighten.

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Updated with warning notice posted by @flip to not drill too deep.
Def too more than one beers time to install
1628704308770-png.png

I noticed this at a Florida dealer. It appears that the screws may be a bit long on the tailgate table install.

39DEFA51-A3F3-4526-827A-53E65879744F.jpeg
Installed mine last night Went to harbor freight and bought drill stops After marking my holes I drilled with 5/32nd to pilot and then used 7/16th went slow and it worked out Lower left and upper right are thick metal and will def pull drill through if not careful Don’t need extra washers Bolts are sized correctly Used included tool and hex wrench to flatten the anchor bolts And put everything back together Rattles a little when hitting bumps but comes with some plastic edge guards just not know where to put them will prob add felt or throw some gloves in between when closed really is nice though

Ford Bronco PSA - Warning on tailgate table install: don't drill too deep 21790B74-0D3D-49C1-B223-5E2E687F42A2

Sponsored

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if they are forgetting washers or something..
I think it is when the holes are drilled. As the drill break through it drags the bit & unprepared operator into the door skin, oops... The new update indicates to use a stop/collar set to 1/2" to stop this event.

seasaw

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F150 4x4 5mt , 05 325iT 5mt, '17 Canyon 6mt
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You might want to install your tailgate table yourself. When technician drilled through inner door skin to mount a stud he went too far and dented outer skin. He also mounted bracket out of square with table so that upper left corner was bound up when table was latched for travel. Latches were very difficult to open. And to fix the binding problem the tech pried a bend into the bracket. I noticed later it was mounted with 2 button cap allen screws and 2 hex head bolts instead of the 4 button head screws that came with it. We found one of the screws in the truck and the other probably got swept up. The salesman did not mention either problem. I found these during my looking it over. I will remove the table assembly from door and elongate one or more of the holes in bracket with a dremel so it can be mounted square using existing studs. Took delivery over 2 weeks ago and waiting for call for body shop. There are some good videos on this install. You might want to go diy instead of dio.

Ford Bronco PSA - Warning on tailgate table install: don't drill too deep P6170700.JPG

Ford Bronco PSA - Warning on tailgate table install: don't drill too deep P6160696.JPG

ssavell

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone the size for parts 4.5 and 4.8? Dealer installed incorrect parts and I need to replace them? Wondering if Lowe’s or Home Depot would carry if it’s a common size. Thanks!

52A2EA44-B9F4-4DAA-A4A6-75BBA060369A.jpeg

SeaVee

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 2500 Suburban, 77 Bronco, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is this the JCR tailgate table?