Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any recommendations on how I fix this?
IMG_1982.jpeg

I overtightened the inner thread and it separated from the housing. Not sure if I can take out the housing and replace because its fully expanded, wish the instructions were a bit more clear that this could happen...

Don't want to resort to super glue. As everyone else has been saying, why the heck didn't Ford put some BRONCO bolts back here? I mean if there were any place to put them...
I had to drill mine out and get better ones from amazon....
Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

IMG_1982.jpeg

I overtightened the inner thread and it separated from the housing. Not sure if I can take out the housing and replace because its fully expanded, wish the instructions were a bit more clear that this could happen...

Don't want to resort to super glue. As everyone else has been saying, why the heck didn't Ford put some BRONCO bolts back here? I mean if there were any place to put them...
I had this problem with one of mine, I ended up drilling all four of them out and replacing them with Metal Magery Steel Large Flange Short Jack Nuts from Amazon 1/4"-20 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09HZBNPBF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They seem a little beefier than the originals and I made dang sure I didn't over tighten the bolts.

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
IMG_1982.jpeg

I had the same thing happen, but I have a mig welder so I just tacked it back on.

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had this problem with one of mine, I ended up drilling all four of them out and replacing them with Metal Magery Steel Large Flange Short Jack Nuts from Amazon 1/4"-20 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09HZBNPBF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They seem a little beefier than the originals and I made dang sure I didn't over tighten the bolts.
Dang it, I sure wish I'd read this thread before I attempted install today. The same thing happened to me.

What size drill bit did you use to drill them out? Also, are the replacements 1/4" or 6/32"?

After this debacle, I hustled down to Home Depot to buy a torque wrench and socket hex set. This flippin' table is going to end up costing me double once I'm done with it. At least I'll have more tools.

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ended up ordering some of those from Amazon. They get here tomorrow, so hopefully I can finish this dang install.

I'd sure like to know how you drilled out the old ones. I tried that but the jack nut just spun in the hole. I had to mangle mine with some tin snips and needle nose pliers until I got the flange off. I was able to pull some of the rest out through the hole, but a lot of it just dropped into the door. Hopefully it's wedged in the insulation tight enough that it's not going to rattle around.

This is seriously turning out to be one of the more annoying installs I've ever done. I'm starting to regret ever attempting it now.

Sponsored

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Finally finished the tailgate install... kinda. Installed the new jack nut received from Amazon today (fit perfectly) and finished with the rest of the table. Unfortunately, my right bottom bolt is just spinning which prevents me from tightening the table enough to keep the hinges fully secured. I'm going to have to remove everything and replace the other jack nut it looks like.

I swear, I've done I don't know how many upgrades to my Jeep from lights to new tops to tailgate table, side steps, etc., and nothing was as hard as this %&*@ table! If I hadn't already drilled the holes in my tailgate, I'd just throw this thing in the trash.

r23w

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah I tried to drill one of the jack nuts out but it wasn’t working and I didn’t want to cause any damage or have the nuts fall inside the door so I just abandoned the install. The silver nuts are still there and I put back the plastic trim…

if anyone wants to buy a tailgate table in Southern California let me know…. Idk what the hell ford was thinking on this mounting solution.

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I tried to drill one of the jack nuts out but it wasn’t working and I didn’t want to cause any damage or have the nuts fall inside the door so I just abandoned the install. The silver nuts are still there and I put back the plastic trim…

if anyone wants to buy a tailgate table in Southern California let me know…. Idk what the hell ford was thinking on this mounting solution.
I'm about to be right there with you.

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, I finished the install on mine but had to replace two of my jacknuts with the sturdier Hillman ones I bought off Amazon. Would've replace the other two, but they weren't broken and I didn't want to risk more debris falling down inside the door.

Now that I have the table installed, it's okay, but I'm not thrilled. For one thing, I'm not sure how sturdy it is with a 25 lb capacity. Also, the fitment wasn't quite right on mine -- once the metal brackets were installed in the tabs, the frame wasn't in perfect alignment so it resulted in one of the side brackets being somewhat bowed once everything was was mounted (you can see this if you look closely on the right side in the pictures). And then there's the crappy jacknuts. Not to mention the incomplete and sloppy paint job that Ford hid behind the plastic trim and which is now exposed through the BRONCO letter cutouts in the table mount.

Now that it's in, I'd rate it about 2.5 out of 5. Definitely a 1 out of 5 on installation. "Accessory Ready" my ass!

At least I'm not hearing any rattling when I drive, but I need to take it over some rougher terrain just to be sure.

Ford Bronco Tailgate table install IMG_1757

Ford Bronco Tailgate table install IMG_1758

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, I finished the install on mine but had to replace two of my jacknuts with the sturdier Hillman ones I bought off Amazon. Would've replace the other two, but they weren't broken and I didn't want to risk more debris falling down inside the door.

Now that I have the table installed, it's okay, but I'm not thrilled. For one thing, I'm not sure how sturdy it is with a 25 lb capacity. Also, the fitment wasn't quite right on mine -- once the metal brackets were installed in the tabs, the frame wasn't in perfect alignment so it resulted in one of the side brackets being somewhat bowed once everything was was mounted (you can see this if you look closely on the right side in the pictures). And then there's the crappy jacknuts. Not to mention the incomplete and sloppy paint job that Ford hid behind the plastic trim and which is now exposed through the BRONCO letter cutouts in the table mount.

Now that it's in, I'd rate it about 2.5 out of 5. Definitely a 1 out of 5 on installation. "Accessory Ready" my ass!

At least I'm not hearing any rattling when I drive, but I need to take it over some rougher terrain just to be sure.

I ended up replacing all the jacknuts on mine, a BIG difference. Anyone contemplating installing this just toss the factory jacknuts and buy the Hillmans. Save yourself the trouble and rattle.

I know what you mean about the sloppy paint under the plastic panel. I had a can of AMB paint I had bought and gave the area a spray. Looked like crap before, you could see the primer through the Bronco letters. Really noticeable with a dark paint like AMB. Really no excuse for a factory supplied product. If you aren't going to spray that area under the plastic panel then make the table panel solid. Some things Ford just dropped the ball on, like why couldn't they have moved the side steps back an inch so the mudflaps would fit?

Sponsored

WPS-GHG!

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Rebel, 2021 BD Sas Mid 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had the same prob with the jack-nuts as the rest of you guys. Ended up skipping the amazon jack-nuts and bought a set of 1/4"-20 riv-nuts. Seems much sturdier.

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the tailgate I’m drilling into Aluminum? I think it is but can’t say for certain. I feel like using a stainless steel jack nut or riv nut could cause corrosion. Am I over thinking this?

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got a table today. A little bit has changed since the video at the beginning of the post.
The kit now includes a drill bit and drill stop.

Not sure if anything else is different. They might have updated the instructions on applying the rubber strips.

Do the jack nuts look the same?

Ford Bronco Tailgate table install 22-06-02 16-47-05 1458

Ford Bronco Tailgate table install 1654206698641

Ford Bronco Tailgate table install 1654206718837
Ford Bronco Tailgate table install 1654206620084
Sponsored