Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Got contacted on this site by a known scammer with same information as posted here (and many other forums if you search the number)… https://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?361592-Important!-User-‘Norvan’-seems-illegitimate-and-has-been-banned&s=da7c66c4c3a8e50905c5c58591571e74

Same burner phone number, and this time using the name “Stacy B.” (he did provide a last name), with a very obvious and poorly done PA fake ID (under 21 ID for a 55 year old man, California seal, terrible Photoshop job)… The fake ID appeared to be printed onto a physical ID, as I told him I couldn’t see the seal and asked for a pic with flash… he immediately sent one. I got him to give me his bank wire info, then talked to a supervisor at the bank. They are monitoring the situation and seem to agree it’s a scammer. I’m hopeful they’ll get the police involved. I’ll likely file a police report as well.

Just posting this so others can be aware that there are some pretty convincing scams going on. This individual produced photos of the item for sale that I couldn’t find dupes of with TinEye or Google Image Search, produced a fake address, and as I said a fake identification. Ironically that VIN is for sale on eBay. Had a good sob story about needing to sell his hard top to raise money for his daughter’s surgery. He had a zero post count and refused to accept PayPal, which are two obvious telltales. He also asked for a “commitment fee” to come pick it up, which is also total BS. I didn’t give him any personal information or send any money, but wouldn’t be surprised if others aren’t so lucky.

A new scam from today (also on this site) is someone claiming they’ve bought items from someone else, and recommending them, however again the person will have zero posts or have just joined. Be smart. Low post count should be a first hint to use TextNow and not provide any personal information, phone number etc. That info could be used to commit a number of other crimes against you, even if you don’t give them any money. Your best bet is not to even reach out to these people or call their numbers unless you’re sure it’s legit.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ME_NOT_YOU

Outer Banks
First Name
JUST ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for sharing. Always appreciate the reminder to be vigilant. Glad he didn’t get your $$ or info.

CCMDoc

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BB Sas, ‘14 Raptor, ‘71 Hemi ‘Cuda convertble
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you for the heads-up and the reminder.
Good advice, therein.
I’ve been blessed and lucky because all of my interactions here have been with good, honest people but I’ve burned a couple of times in the past (not here) because I’m a fool.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs