john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looking really nice! I thought Baja Boss A/Ts were all 3peak rated for snow.
Yes they are. But the salt is terrible on the wheels and I drive all winter. And the 16” wheels needs a cheap set of tires 😂
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Main reason for putting them on is because last year the snow and salt were not nice to my wheels.
The salt and salt brine here aren’t nice to anything made of iron. Mine is put away until spring.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And the 16” wheels needs a cheap set of tires
That seems almost backwards for buying winter tires ... cheap tires and adverse conditions ... not me buddy! Sounds like a bad recipe for that Bronco.
Please be careful ...and let us know how they work for ya.

...and sometimes premium winter tires are cheaper than regular AT's.

I just found out Nokian got their Tennessee plant up and running, and the new ..
Outpost nAT is ..... rolling out. (rim shot)

That is probably going to be my replacement tire for my Toyo's that are downright scary in cold temps.

Nokian simply does not screw around with their reputation for winter performance even on their "All season" or new "all weather" models.

Good job going with the off white instead of stark white accent color. It looks sooo much better than the pure white so many others are going with.
Sharp Bronco!

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That seems almost backwards for buying winter tires ... cheap tires and adverse conditions ... not me buddy! Sounds like a bad recipe for that Bronco.
Please be careful ...and let us know how they work for ya.

...and sometimes premium winter tires are cheaper than regular AT's.

I just found out Nokian got their Tennessee plant up and running, and the new ..
Outpost nAT is ..... rolling out. (rim shot)

That is probably going to be my replacement tire for my Toyo's that are downright scary in cold temps.

Nokian simply does not screw around with their reputation for winter performance even on their "All season" or new "all weather" models.

Good job going with the off white instead of stark white accent color. It looks sooo much better than the pure white so many others are going with.
Sharp Bronco!
We will see what the winter brings here in Utah this year. It can be real hit and miss. We don’t get a lot of ice here. And I will be switching back to the Baja boss at the end of march so I have them on for the “United by broncos “ event down in southern Utah.

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Both of those rims look really good on that
Agreed.

I can't bring myself to buy a second set of tires for any of my cars for the winter. If it's really bad I'll take the PW with some/a bunch of weight in the back, or I'll stay home. lol

masshole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback 3.6R (for now)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your ride is something else, well done! I might favor the winter setup...

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I decided to take off my summer sneakers and put on my snow shoes for the next 3 months or so. We will see how the weather goes. (They are cheap tires, but they are 3 peak rated)I tried something a little different, may not be for everyone. But I kinda like it. It is definitely a different feel from the Baja boss tires.

IMG_5648.jpeg

Awesome, they look great!
IMG_5427.jpeg

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Good choice. Unfortunately my only other driver is even worse in the snow. 😂

Ford Bronco Put on my snow shoes for the winter IMG_4282
I drove Mustangs many years in the snow. They were nothing to brag about as far as traction, but damn were they fun. I still prefer rear wheel drive over front wheel drive in snow. I’d rather be loose in the corners than tight and pushing.

Bsenecal

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger crew cab, '17 Fusion sport, '68 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I decided to take off my summer sneakers and put on my snow shoes for the next 3 months or so. We will see how the weather goes. (They are cheap tires, but they are 3 peak rated)I tried something a little different, may not be for everyone. But I kinda like it. It is definitely a different feel from the Baja boss tires.

That is a very sweet looking Bronco.
I really like what you have done with it.
My wife has a white outerbanks with the Sasquatch package and she loves it so far.
Brian

Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes they are. But the salt is terrible on the wheels and I drive all winter. And the 16” wheels needs a cheap set of tires 😂
One of the very few good things about living in Portland is that we don't use salt on the roads. (well except for a few areas of of I-5 and 26 that have historically nasty, slippery areas in the snow and freezing rain), We keep our cars for a LONG time (10-20 years) and never have had any rust issues. A very small benefit for living in a communist state...

Moxie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Vw Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Love those green wheels !! Are they powder coated ?

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe this is a good idea but personally I’m way too cheap to buy a second set. I’ll drive stock tires for another 20k miles and replace at 33k. Works in the mountains and the snow well!

That being said your bronco not for me but looks absolutely stunning and beautiful!
Sponsored