First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond -Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The dealer I selected stated they have 40 ish orders / reservations before mine.
They also mentioned they have been allocated 14 units for MY 21.
They also say that I will get a MY 21 unit because I ordered before the cut off date... is that possible?
It would make sense to me that whenever they get around to building my truck it would be a '22 MY unit.
Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seems highly unlikely to me that you'd get a MY21 unless all 40 people in front of you order Broncos that can't be built in MY21(commodity constraints, actually requesting MY22, etc)

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer I selected stated they have 40 ish orders / reservations before mine.
They also say that I will get a MY 21 unit because I ordered before the cut off date... is that possible?
It would make sense to me that whenever they get around to building my truck it would be a '22 MY unit.
When you ordered has *nothing* to do with when you'll get your Bronco.

Your dealer will be allocated a certain number of MY21 Broncos and Ford has stated that no dealer will get more allocation than orders... since there isn't enough production capacity to build everyone a MY21. Actual allocation will be calculated after this week... once Ford knows how many orders are actually in.

Assuming no funny business with parts availability, basically all of your dealer's orders will be ranked in order of reservation timestamp.

Say they have 40 orders, and Ford tells your dealer they're getting 14 MY21 Broncos.

The first 14 people in reservation timestamp will get an MY21, by the time they get to the 15th person, the MY22 changeover will have occurred, so they will get a MY22.

We don't know yet how allocation will be determined for MY22. It will likely be the same (with reservation time stamp determining order) with some dealer stock units thrown into production.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This falls under the "can't control it so why worry about it" heading.

In my experience, reading through tons of information and dealing with dealers, this is what I at least understand:

A) Some dealers have a good handle on how Ford is running this system and some do not.

B) This Bronco system is VERY different than every system that has come before it. Dealers who do not have a good handle on what is going on are blending new and old information.

C) Allocations (at this point) are just estimates. When a dealer has 12, 16, 30 allocations, that is based off initial projections and NONE of it are written in stone. Allocations will grow or shrink depending on a number of factors INCLUDING how many actual orders are put in by 3/19 (and even then, I'm sure Ford is willing to do whatever benefits them). So every dealership may get more Broncos allocated than the initial projection if they show enough orders. Likewise, a dealership that has 12 initial allocations may lose some if they only have 12 orders put in.

D) Ford said they are prioritizing orders based on reservation date. Whether that is true or not, no one truly knows.

E) As Broncos are built they consume resources. If a resource is depleted, there will need to be time to secure more. Broncos that need that resource are moved to the side and Broncos not needing that resource will continue to be built.

What does this all mean to you?

Just because the dealership "said" there are 40 orders before you doesn't mean those orders will be built before yours.

It depends on a lot of stuff:

Does the dealer understand the system?

Is your build requiring very popular items?

Did you reserve sooner rather than later?

Does your dealership have enough orders in to maintain the 14 Broncos or will they lose some - or will they gain some?

Too many iffs for me. I did the best I could with the info I had. At this point, I'm moving forward. I will get a Bronco and based off the knowns, it should be in 2021.

Will it be June, July, August? Dunno.

Could it be later? Yes.

Could it be 2022? It is possible.

Regardless, I will get a Bronco. And when the next wave of information comes out AFTER 3/19, I think we will all get a slightly better picture of where we all will land.

No sense worrying about something you have no control over. Just sit back and enjoy the ride (and get / keep those finances in order!).

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@tyrobronco makes a good post.

I will also point out, based on your specific numbers that your dealer told you, that they have been estimated to get 14 MY21 broncos, and you're #41(ish).... based on what Ford has told the dealers, they should have told you to expect a MY22:

Ford Bronco Question about allocation and MY? Allocation Rank Breakdown
Sponsored