First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know orders are closed so this couldn't happen right this moment but would this have been possible in past or possible again in the future?
Lets say you are order 47 out of 50 allocations at a dealer, but you have a loaded Badlands. Ford can't build your order due to commodity restraints. Then your dealer gets 4 brand new orders for no option Big Bend soft tops. Would it be possible that Ford builds them which makes you allocation 51, and unable to get your Bronco until the following year based on lack of allocations?
I have a 7/14/20 reservation and I suspect this might be happening to me. When order banks open again, I'm thinking of ordering another Bronco at another dealer to try to get it sooner. Sucks I'll loose price protection and below MSRP price but it is what it is.
Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i think your allocation stays the same. i this case you will preview but get passed over for vehicles that they are able to produce. you still have the same place in line, and once you preview and the parts are available you get selected.

not sure dealer priority will happen again but who knows. you may have luck ordering another with less constraints until you get pulled for the BL, but i also assume when they open the banks its going to be a rush, and lots of people are thinking the same thing or waiting to put the first order in since people are starting to see them now.

Dirt Dog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know orders are closed so this couldn't happen right this moment but would this have been possible in past or possible again in the future?
Lets say you are order 47 out of 50 allocations at a dealer, but you have a loaded Badlands. Ford can't build your order due to commodity restraints. Then your dealer gets 4 brand new orders for no option Big Bend soft tops. Would it be possible that Ford builds them which makes you allocation 51, and unable to get your Bronco until the following year based on lack of allocations?
I have a 7/14/20 reservation and I suspect this might be happening to me. When order banks open again, I'm thinking of ordering another Bronco at another dealer to try to get it sooner. Sucks I'll loose price protection and below MSRP price but it is what it is.
You got it ! The only upside is that as they pick away at the high content vehicles ahead of you , your chances improve. I would be surprised if your dealer allocation is 50 a month. My uneducated opinion is it's more like 10 to 20 but what do I know !

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've said this since day 1....if you are an early reservation holder with constraints, others not only jump ahead of you that have builds with less constraints, but the dealers' allocation is also lost. That's why you see so many waiting. There are dealers fulfilling orders after yours because of less constraints and once the dealers' allocation is done, it's done.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Blown331

Blown331

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've said this since day 1....if you are an early reservation holder with constraints, others not only jump ahead of you that have builds with less constraints, but the dealers' allocation is also lost. That's why you see so many waiting. There are dealers fulfilling orders after yours because of less constraints and once the dealers' allocation is done, it's done.
That's what I was afraid of.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are correct.

However, worth noting that allocation numbers are determined for a set scheduling period. There isn’t a “you only get 150 allocations for the entire year”. Dealers usually get new allocations on a monthly-ish basis, although lately it’s been very hit or miss, and my dealer hasn’t gotten new allocation numbers since March.

So say a dealer has 5 orders.
  1. Customer Wildtrak - Priority 19
  2. Customer Badlands - Priority 19
  3. Customer Base - Priority 19
  4. Dealer Big Bend - Priority 80
  5. Dealer Big Bend - Priority 80
Now say for the month of May, the dealer was allocated two Broncos. Ford will attempt to build the Wildtrak and Badlands orders first. If they cannot, they will move down the list until they find a Bronco they can build. So for the month of May, it is likely that the customer Base order and one of the dealer stock Big Bend orders will get scheduled.

Now say for the month of June they were allocated two more Broncos, this time Ford has enough components to build a single loaded Bronco. Therefore the Wildtrak (order #1) will likely get picked, and the last dealer Big Bend (order #5) will get picked.

Now say for the month of July, they were allocated another two Broncos, but they cannot build the last remaining Badlands order due to component constraints. In that case, nothing gets scheduled and the Badlands gets pushed to the next scheduling period.

Rinse/repeat for every scheduling period, and it’s worthwhile to note that customer orders are always given priority over dealer stock orders.

OP
OP
Blown331

Blown331

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are correct.

However, worth noting that allocation numbers are determined for a set scheduling period. There isn’t a “you only get 150 allocations for the entire year”. Dealers usually get new allocations on a monthly-ish basis, although lately it’s been very hit or miss, and my dealer hasn’t gotten new allocation numbers since March.

So say a dealer has 5 orders.
  1. Customer Wildtrak - Priority 19
  2. Customer Badlands - Priority 19
  3. Customer Base - Priority 19
  4. Dealer Big Bend - Priority 80
  5. Dealer Big Bend - Priority 80
Now say for the month of May, the dealer was allocated two Broncos. Ford will attempt to build the Wildtrak and Badlands orders first. If they cannot, they will move down the list until they find a Bronco they can build. So for the month of May, it is likely that the customer Base order and one of the dealer stock Big Bend orders will get scheduled.

Now say for the month of June they were allocated two more Broncos, this time Ford has enough components to build a single loaded Bronco. Therefore the Wildtrak (order #1) will likely get picked, and the last dealer Big Bend (order #5) will get picked.

Now say for the month of July, they were allocated another two Broncos, but they cannot build the last remaining Badlands order due to component constraints. In that case, nothing gets scheduled and the Badlands gets pushed to the next scheduling period.

Rinse/repeat for every scheduling period, and it’s worthwhile to note that customer orders are always given priority over dealer stock orders.
Thanks for the explanation. That makes me feel a little better. So there may still be hope for a 2022.

eander

Big Bend
First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can more or less confirm. I have a 7/23/20 res at Stephens for a Big Bend 7MT, so no 2.7L or fancy packages or anything. Only constraint is hard top, yet I still haven’t been scheduled for my reservation. Got fed up waiting, so I placed a backup order at a local dealer that is identical - that got scheduled within 3 months. Now whether that build week of 5/30 stands is a totally different matter…

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. I have been told the same by my (reputable) dealer.

OP
OP
Blown331

Blown331

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I called my dealer today. They said I'm priority code 10. I used to be 19. They also said allocations are no issue and they have plenty. I'm not sure if I believe that or not.
I found a very similar build at a dealer but this one also has Lux. $7k over MSRP. I'll be giving up my order that's $2k under MSRP and $975 price protection. So basically an extra $10k. I'm very seriously considering. Everyone says the wait is worth it. I'm about to the point where it's not.
Sponsored