Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If they would have stuck to the pure reservation stamp like we were lead to believe it would have worked. A central ordering system. Dealer allocation is the problem. Just have one ordering system if you place on line or placed via dealer and no difference. Use the order received simple.
Full disclaimer: I know nothing about the auto industry.

But...how much of what is going on is a by-product of a paradigm shift within the existing sales model? I've seen a number of articles (https://www.manufacturing.net/autom...ping-for-a-car-this-year-will-not-be-the-same) detailing how some dealers prefer going to a factory order system, instead of keeping X number of cars on their lots.

I know Ford has bungled this launch, and supply chain issues have plagued most industries, but based on what I've read on other forums focused on other brands, they are not the only ones operating like this.
Sponsored

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am not getting one anytime soon at the dealership I ordered through. They have 141 orders, not all with reservations......they get roughly 15 a month in allocation. Going to put a side order in, but not counting on that.
Yes it unfortunate IMO we even have to go through a dealer. Tesla has no dealers, just sayin.