First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I ordered last week at a dealership that has hit its allocation limit but have an early reservation date (7/14), would I jump those orders that have later timestamps or none at all provided they don't yet have a build date?
My understanding from discussion with my dealer is once dealer allocation is met, your order will not be scheduled. However this allocation is not static or even really known by dealers. Some say they know the allocation and maybe but it’s Fords number.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My understanding from discussion with my dealer is once dealer allocation is met, your order will not be scheduled. However this allocation is not static or even really known by dealers. Some say they know the allocation and maybe but it’s Fords number.
Even if you have a reservation that is earlier than others in line?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
your place in line does not come into play when your dealer does not have an allocation. If a dealership does not have an allocation then NO orders from that dealership will be scheduled.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes. That’s the big issue and why there are many first day orders still yet to be built. Just browse the recent build week threads and there are a lot of early orders still out. It’s deaker allocation mostly causing. The “delay items” are no longer and have not been the driving reason.

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. That’s the big issue and why there are many first day orders still yet to be built. Just browse the recent build week threads and there are a lot of early orders still out. It’s deaker allocation mostly causing. The “delay items” are no longer and have not been the driving reason.
A week in and this is driving me crazy - can't imagine a year and a half. Glad I didn't convert right away.

Sponsored

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately, there is no answer to your question, except, "It depends...." My suggestion is to order what you want and just wait. It will get here as soon as it gets here. Otherwise, drop all the constraint items and you may have a 4-door, soft-top, base or big bend with the 2.3 before summer--just like so many others who gave up on their dream and just settled (myself included). Either way, it depends!

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If a dealer has reached their allocation, then they get zero Bronco's until they are given additional allocation...regardless of the build and regardless of timestamps.

Here's the dirty little secret as it relates to allocation, timestamps and clean builds...

Say a dealer has an allocation of 10 Bronco's with 30 people in line who ordered. In a perfect world, the 10 would go to those who reserved the earliest. What is actually happening is that the majority of that dealers' allocation will go to the cleanest builds (w/no parts constraints...soft top/no tow). So if you do have an early reservation with MIC top and tow, not only do others jump ahead of you, they also get fill the allocation quota, dropping you back even further.

My dealer was nice enough to contact me and suggested I change to a soft top w/no tow. I was next on his list, but others were previewing ahead of me because they were buildable. My dealer wanted to let me know that if others got ahead of me that he would run out of allocation and I'd be waiting even longer.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A week in and this is driving me crazy - can't imagine a year and a half. Glad I didn't convert right away.
Agree. In my view dealer allocation is where Ford mis lead everyone. No transparency not even with dealers. It’s where all the games are played with orders.

CM53119

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Mustang GT Vert, '19 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I ordered last week at a dealership that has hit its allocation limit but have an early reservation date (7/14), would I jump those orders that have later timestamps or none at all provided they don't yet have a build date?
i could be wrong, but from what it seems like from my discussions w/ others and my dealer rep - looks like it depends on the timestamp. obviously, if any items are constricted then it will be a whole different game. example: if you have the same order as the person behind you, and you have a sooner time stamp, theoretically you should get yours first. that being said if you have something like SAS, tow, PPF, it could push you back until those items are available and updated within their system, which could cause your vehicle to be pushed back to the next time allocations are updated.

CM53119

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Mustang GT Vert, '19 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree. In my view dealer allocation is where Ford mis lead everyone. No transparency not even with dealers. It’s where all the games are played with orders.
agree with you there. i do wish they would come up with a more fair formula, but sounds like Large dealers complained for the fact they wanted to get more vehicles so they can add ADM to their stock. Bothers me that we are waiting this long, and dealers are getting these on lots before customers, which are guaranteed sales vs show pieces with an additional 10k added. All the larger dealers here in WI - atleast near me - have the huge mark ups, the ones like my dealer who are smaller/medium sized dont and they seem to have more orders, so all in all, the consumer is getting screwed.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

99'd being what? A priority code? How do I find out how my order was coded?
Like someone said already before me, check your work order or "DORA" you should have received from your dealer when you ordered and it is at the top of the page. Otherwise call and ask them straight up what your Priority Code is.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also, OP, make sure you keep following up with the dealership verifying your selections etc.
I think I'm in the minority, but I was a day 1 reservation, converted in July. Communicated and confirmed EXACTLY what I wanted on 2 different Build sheets, only for them to first "accidentally" change my trim to an outerbanks soft top 4 door. Once they fixed it, they "accidentally" input my order as a 4 door hardtop... The sales manager finally "resolved" the issue by giving me a build sheet and confirming via email that I should get "highest priority" when their allocations start getting built and no ADM (allegedly) So theres those shenanigans.... I'm still waiting here.

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If they are going to do it this way, they (Ford) should be assigning the orders with reservations to dealers themselves within a certain radius based on allocation....maybe all of them until the glut has been pushed through. Allowing customers to walk into any dealership and wait aimlessly is no bueno.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If they are going to do it this way, they (Ford) should be assigning the orders with reservations to dealers themselves within a certain radius based on allocation....maybe all of them until the glut has been pushed through. Allowing customers to walk into any dealership and wait aimlessly is no bueno.
If they would have stuck to the pure reservation stamp like we were lead to believe it would have worked. A central ordering system. Dealer allocation is the problem. Just have one ordering system if you place on line or placed via dealer and no difference. Use the order received simple.

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If they would have stuck to the pure reservation stamp like we were lead to believe it would have worked. A central ordering system. Dealer allocation is the problem. Just have one ordering system if you place on line or placed via dealer and no difference. Use the order received simple.
I am not getting one anytime soon at the dealership I ordered through. They have 141 orders, not all with reservations......they get roughly 15 a month in allocation. Going to put a side order in, but not counting on that.
Sponsored