First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those in the know and since my dealer is not divulging allocation #'s...

Are allocations tied to just a Bronco with nothing else taken into consideration as far as trims/options?

The reason I ask is that when the banks open the 27th and lets's say a low level trim with zero constraints is placed at my dealer the possibility appears pretty likely for them to jump by me and grab an allocation # because I have all constraints on my build??
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Allocations are just tied to the Bronco as a whole, not specific trims/options. They are awarded on a monthly-ish basis (once per scheduling period). They are also usually provided updated constraint information once per scheduling period.

For the Bronco and a few other models they were provided yearly allocation estimates, but those are just estimates and not "actual" allocations.

---

So to explain this, it is helpful to have an example...

Say your dealer has four orders:
  • Order 1: 4-Door Hard Top Badlands
  • Order 2: 4-Door Soft Top Big Bend
  • Order 3: 4-Door Hard Top Black Diamond (Your order)
  • Order 4: 4-Door Soft Top Badlands
Now say your dealer is awarded 2 allocations for the month, and there is roughly a 10% constraint on the hard top. Most likely, the two orders that will get selected for build is Order 2 and Order 4. Order 1 may get selected, but it is unlikely. Your order has effectively zero chance.

---

Next example:
  • Order 2: 4-Door Hard Top Outer Banks
  • Order 4: 4-Door Soft Top Big Bend
Again, let's say the dealer is awarded 2 allocations, and there is a roughly 10% constraint on hard tops. The Order 4 will get picked up, and Order 1 may get picked up. If it doesn't that allocation will be carried forward to the next month.

---

And final example:
  • Order 2: 4-Door Hard Top Outer Banks
  • Order 4: 4-Door Hard Top Wildtrak
Again, same situation. Dealer is awarded 2 allocations, there is a 10% constraint on hard tops. In this situation, it is highly likely your dealer will not get any order picked up for production and both allocations will carry forward to the next month. To avoid situations like this, many dealers will submit a handful of stock orders to fall back on in case none of their retail orders will get picked up for production. (Retail orders are automatically prioritized above stock orders.)

---

Admittedly this is a hyper-simplified example, in actuality there is regional allocations, market basket analysis, multiple constraints, etc. etc. But hopefully that helped explain it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Miltyflo

Miltyflo

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks Bryan, Great explanation so short answer is yes,
I have a pretty high chance of getting passed over if someone with a trim/option with less constraints could take that dealers allocation over mine for a new order placed next week.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Bryan, Great explanation so short answer is yes,
I have a pretty high chance of getting passed over if someone with a trim/option with less constraints could take that dealers allocation over mine for a new order placed next week.
Yup!!

Important to note the dealers need those less constrained orders in the system. Allocations are awarded based on past sales history. To sell vehicles, you obviously need vehicles to sell. The way you get vehicles to sell is to submit orders for Broncos Ford can produce.

If you dealer never submitted orders with less constrained items, eventually the scheduling algorithm will stop awarding them allocations, and you'll never see your Bronco.

So there is a bit of ying/yang that needs to happen. People get pissed that folks who submitted orders after them at their dealer get picked up first. But the reality is if they didn't get picked up, your dealer will slowly lose allocations over time, which just makes matters worse for you.

---

What I can tell you is if someone submits the exact same order as your order, at the exact same dealer, and the exact same priority code... your order will get picked up before their order.

mikes781

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious as to how Ford decides which dealer gets orders filled that have constraints? I’m jumping on the wait list next week and and checking the boxes on several constraints. I’m expecting a long wait which is fine but just try to grasp whether there is some method to this or if it will just be luck of the draw when it gets built.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious as to how Ford decides which dealer gets orders filled that have constraints? I’m jumping on the wait list next week and and checking the boxes on several constraints. I’m expecting a long wait which is fine but just try to grasp whether there is some method to this or if it will just be luck of the draw when it gets built.
The scheduling algorithm handles that.

So back to our previous example... if there is a 10% constraint on hard top, dealers can expect that roughly 10% of their allocations that get selected for production will have a hard top. In reality it varies wildly from month-to-month, so if you look at any given month's allocation it may not make any sense at all. But if dealers look at their orders over a long period of time, they'll see that roughly 10% of their orders will have hard top.

If your dealer is smart about their ordering... they will ensure that only 10% of the orders they take have the hard top. The dealers that do follow the constraint guides and allocation estimates will have a MUCH higher chance of getting all of their customer's Broncos built this production year.

But if your dealer doesn't care and lets you order whatever the heck you want, then there is a decent chance you won't see your Bronco and you'll have to resubmit your order once 2024MY order banks open.

ps. 10% for hard tops is just a made up number cause it makes math easy, I think the actual number for hard top is 38%.

mikes781

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks @RagnarKon for the detailed explanation! I’m going badlands, MIC, Sasquatch and very likely luxe. I’m not in a hurry and going in hoping that it will be sometime in 2024. :)

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
May I ask .. what is your build?

For those in the know and since my dealer is not divulging allocation #'s...

Are allocations tied to just a Bronco with nothing else taken into consideration as far as trims/options?

The reason I ask is that when the banks open the 27th and lets's say a low level trim with zero constraints is placed at my dealer the possibility appears pretty likely for them to jump by me and grab an allocation # because I have all constraints on my build??

OP
OP
Miltyflo

Miltyflo

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
May I ask .. what is your build?
Oxford White Outer Banks with Sas/Lux/MIC/Tow/Keypad/Aux Switches and a retractable soft top option.
Pretty loaded Mall Crawler so I know I am going to be a tough one to get built but I dont want to give on anything so I am prepared to roll with it just hate losing PP if it doesnt make the cut. I am a Jan 14, 2022 walk in so I am aware I am sort of a newbie hold out and dont have that two year wait seniority yet but most likely will!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
what does this mean >> retractable soft top option.

all soft tops are retractable right?

Oxford White Outer Banks with Sas/Lux/MIC/Tow/Keypad/Aux Switches and a retractable soft top option.
Pretty loaded Mall Crawler so I know I am going to be a tough one to get built but I dont want to give on anything so I am prepared to roll with it just hate losing PP if it doesnt make the cut. I am a Jan 14, 2022 walk in so I am aware I am sort of a newbie hold out and dont have that two year wait seniority yet but most likely will!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Miltyflo

Miltyflo

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
what does this mean >> retractable soft top option.
It was a 2500 dollar dealer installed option. I want both tops. I am a previous jeep owner so I stored the HT in summer and installed a soft top for easy off/on but need the hard top for snow load.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
got it .. you want a dual top

It was a 2500 dollar dealer installed option. I want both tops. I am a previous jeep owner so I stored the HT in summer and installed a soft top for easy off/on but need the hard top for snow load.

PhillySpecial18

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco / 2017 Mustang / 2012 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The scheduling algorithm handles that.

So back to our previous example... if there is a 10% constraint on hard top, dealers can expect that roughly 10% of their allocations that get selected for production will have a hard top. In reality it varies wildly from month-to-month, so if you look at any given month's allocation it may not make any sense at all. But if dealers look at their orders over a long period of time, they'll see that roughly 10% of their orders will have hard top.

If your dealer is smart about their ordering... they will ensure that only 10% of the orders they take have the hard top. The dealers that do follow the constraint guides and allocation estimates will have a MUCH higher chance of getting all of their customer's Broncos built this production year.

But if your dealer doesn't care and lets you order whatever the heck you want, then there is a decent chance you won't see your Bronco and you'll have to resubmit your order once 2024MY order banks open.

ps. 10% for hard tops is just a made up number cause it makes math easy, I think the actual number for hard top is 38%.
Thanks for all of this extremely valuable information you included in this thread. Everything makes sense. Of course allocations and constraints may be updated by March 27th and along the way for the MY23 Broncos, but is my current build (see below) a build that has little to no constraints (from your knowledge) and more likely to successfully be produced for the MY23? Is there any option chosen that you would say either is or may be constrained, and I should avoid?

My Build: Black Diamond, 4-Door, Eruption Green, Soft Top, 10 Speed Automatic, Full-Time Drive, Mid package, Tow Package, Hoopsteps, Slide out Tailgate, Keyless Entry pad, and Floor Liners.

Thanks!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for all of this extremely valuable information you included in this thread. Everything makes sense. Of course allocations and constraints may be updated by March 27th and along the way for the MY23 Broncos, but is my current build (see below) a build that has little to no constraints (from your knowledge) and more likely to successfully be produced for the MY23? Is there any option chosen that you would say either is or may be constrained, and I should avoid?

My Build: Black Diamond, 4-Door, Eruption Green, Soft Top, 10 Speed Automatic, Full-Time Drive, Mid package, Tow Package, Hoopsteps, Slide out Tailgate, Keyless Entry pad, and Floor Liners.

Thanks!
It ultimately depends on how many allocations your dealer will get, but yeah that looks solid, you are avoided all of the major constraints.

If you want to maximize your chances of getting a Bronco this year, I would remove the options that can be added after delivery:
Obviously if you add the parts after the fact it may be more expensive, but... if you get bumped to 2024MY, that probably also will be expensive, and the 2024MY price increases may be more than what you would have saved by adding it on from the factory.

The name of the game is to only have the options/packages you deem as necessary, the less you have, the higher your chances are you'll get selected by the scheduler.

PhillySpecial18

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco / 2017 Mustang / 2012 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It ultimately depends on how many allocations your dealer will get, but yeah that looks solid, you are avoided all of the major constraints.

If you want to maximize your chances of getting a Bronco this year, I would remove the options that can be added after delivery:
Obviously if you add the parts after the fact it may be more expensive, but... if you get bumped to 2024MY, that probably also will be expensive, and the 2024MY price increases may be more than what you would have saved by adding it on from the factory.

The name of the game is to only have the options/packages you deem as necessary, the less you have, the higher your chances are you'll get selected by the scheduler.
Makes a lot of sense. Thanks for that info. I may end up taking off some of those options you mentioned because they aren't show stoppers and can be added later on a timeline I choose.
Sponsored