Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 2024 Bronco scheduled to hit the dealer first week of Feb. I got the dual top option.

does this option come with all the needed hardware to swap between the 2 tops? My last Bronco was a softie and I’m thinking about the rear trim pieces that cover the main mounting bolts and the 2 releases on the rear top and brackets on the tub to lock the hatch down as well as the latch points above the rear doors where it swings to full recline. Also the pillar panel where the leading edge of the side windows slide in I can’t recall now if the bottom channel the window slides into is part of the top or is bolted to the truck. Anyway, there are a bunch of pieces I hope I don’t have to figure part numbers for!

my assumption was I should have everything included to mount the soft top so it would be exactly as it would be if my Bronco came with it from the factory. I can’t get any verification on that when I search.
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The soft top window slides/brackets are all part of the soft top when it comes off, and the vertical part on the rear side of the back doors - that's built into the trim there.

6 bolts in the rear behind those trim pieces (kinda where the subwoofer is stashed), soft top comes all the way off.

Not sure how many bolts the OEM hard top is to put back on, but I bet it's not very many.

Sanndmann3

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bronco 23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The trim panel that covers the soft top mounting bolts wasn't included with mine. The panel is different than hardtop one as their are reliefs cut for the hinges. I had my sales guy at dealership order them from Ford, no charge...

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The trim panel that covers the soft top mounting bolts wasn't included with mine. The panel is different than hardtop one as their are reliefs cut for the hinges. I had my sales guy at dealership order them from Ford, no charge...
I have read a few instances where the soft top panel was not included. I’m glad they got one for you. I’m thinking I need to put the soft top on not too long after I get the Bronco to make sure the top is good. If I wait till spring I don’t want to any issues from the dealer saying I took too long to report it. The damage is from the top sitting around.
Sponsored