K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone have recommendations for a good kit or at least a good squeegee for installing tint on the windows. I am going to do it myself but not sure what best tool to use to push the water out of the tint. Please let me know your recommendations.
Sponsored

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Haven't done tint but watched plenty of videos. Squeegees, many many sizes and thin plastic scraper like thingees like you use with bondo, the really soft flexi kind.

I'd just pay to have it done but at least the broncos windows are pretty boxy.

A585

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 F-150, 2018 Elantra, 1980 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would not do it yourself. The tint you get from an auto parts store is not as good of quality as what a professional can get. I have tried it myself multiple times. The results are never as good as a professionals. That’s at least my opinion.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Would recommend taking it somewhere. I like to do alot of things myself, but leave this to the pros. It's not too expensive if you find the right guy. I think I spent around $200 for a guy I really like here in TX to install ceramic tint. Had him do state legal darkness on my 2 front windows of my 2 door, and darkest he had on the rest of the windows (really don't want anyone to easily see in as I could not find a rear luggage compartment cover for a 2 door).

Very happy with the results, and I know my installer mentioned that his template cutting machine was a little off for a couple of my windows, and he had to make adjustments and redo.
Sponsored