First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 15% on the fronts of mine with 20% over factory throughout the rear to balance the look with 50 over the windshield and a 15% brow strip....doesn't affect the auto high beams because that is in the box behind the rear view mirror...also mine seems clearer than any other tint I've used with no haze

16921979784324857936849710618660.jpg
Have you found that any other sensors are affected by any of the tint youā€™ve added? I read a thread where a few had issues with the auto-dimming of the screen and such? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

JBerryman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F250 Lariat FX4 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also it is expel ceramic

16921987381949114071697876193673.jpg

16921987697928769586950360545600.jpg

JBerryman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F250 Lariat FX4 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the mid package so I lack a few of the extra sensors but for the mid as far as I can tell as long as you don't block this sensor everything has been pretty well flawless

16921989391486794003022945538318.jpg

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
70% Ceramic on the windshield. Very happy with it. Nobody can tell it is tinted. Also got the exo-shield on the outside to hopefully help with rock chips.

ThickGatorade

Raptor
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.7 & 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
100% recommend ceramic tint on the windshield. An amazing drop in sun load heat. Ceramic can look hazy when itā€™s freshly installed and does sometimes have a slight haze to it when viewed at an angle especially in bright light but it makes a world of difference.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Iamjulieb

Iamjulieb

Badlands
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
70% Ceramic on the windshield. Very happy with it. Nobody can tell it is tinted. Also got the exo-shield on the outside to hopefully help with rock chips.
No hazin
100% recommend ceramic tint on the windshield. An amazing drop in sun load heat. Ceramic can look hazy when itā€™s freshly installed and does sometimes have a slight haze to it when viewed at an angle especially in bright light but it makes a world of difference.
Iā€™m okay if thereā€™s a haze on the windows from certain angles, but I think it will annoy me through the windshield. I may postpone my appointment for the windshield to see how these front windows look after fully cured. Thanks for the info.

ThickGatorade

Raptor
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.7 & 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No hazin

Iā€™m okay if thereā€™s a haze on the windows from certain angles, but I think it will annoy me through the windshield. I may postpone my appointment for the windshield to see how these front windows look after fully cured. Thanks for the info.
The windshields are significantly less of an issue with Broncos. Never noticed it on my two

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had the front windows tinted today with Xpel Prime XR. What a difference it made in regards to heat here in sunny California.

I understand it takes up to two weeks to fully cure allowing any bubbles and or air to smooth out.

Iā€™m considering having the ceramic tint applied to the windshield, but I can visibly see the tint on the window, it looks dimpled, if that makes sense, and donā€™t want to be looking at dimples on my windshield, that would drive me crazy.

Have you had this product installed? Once it fully cures will I still see it? If so I need to cancel having it installed on my windshield

Ford Bronco Ceramic Window Tint Question 16921989391486794003022945538318
I had mine isnstalled 2 years ago. Windshield as well. It loooked horendous for a couple of weeks. That does go away. I was worried too.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 15% on the fronts of mine with 20% over factory throughout the rear to balance the look with 50 over the windshield and a 15% brow strip....doesn't affect the auto high beams because that is in the box behind the rear view mirror...also mine seems clearer than any other tint I've used with no haze

Ford Bronco Ceramic Window Tint Question 16921989391486794003022945538318
+1 on the brow. I was hesitant about a whole windshield tint as I've never had one before. I went 20% ceramic on the front windows and 5% brow. The brow is cut down to about half the height of the plotter template my tint guy had downloaded. I love it. Almost completely negates the sun visor. No issues with sensors.

Ford Bronco Ceramic Window Tint Question IMG_20230816_122918-2

Ford Bronco Ceramic Window Tint Question IMG_20230816_123621-2

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
BS. I can tell a window is tinted no matter the %.

Sponsored

Steed76

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have my windshield tinted with Stek 70% nano ceramic. The only way i can tell it's there is there's a slight and i do mean slight(you wouldn't notice if someone didn't mention it) blue hue to the glass looking out. no bubbles, ripples, cloudiness, it's very nice and substantially cuts out heat in that fishbowl! I will do it again moving forward on any other vehicles i purchase.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine had dimples and waves fo awhile and then smoothed out. What I donā€™t like is a certain times it looks hazy depending on the sun..is that a ceramic tint thing? I want to take it back to installer
I have had ceramic tint on the front doors of my last 2 cars both cars it looked hazy, like I had been to the beach and got salt spray on them or something. I had it removed on the last CX5 I had and the same tint not Ceramic was applied and it was crystal clear.

the ceramic tint was only hazy when the sun was directly pointing at the window. So going south in late afternoon sun it was hazy.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes itā€™s part of the normal drying process. (This is what I do for a living,) I do not use Xpel but a quality ceramic film does not have ā€œlow angle hazeā€ as we call it. Xpel should not have the low angle haze. There are definitely other ceramic films (low quality) that definitely do have low angle haze. But not to worry yours should dry out.

I had the front windows tinted today with Xpel Prime XR. What a difference it made in regards to heat here in sunny California.

I understand it takes up to two weeks to fully cure allowing any bubbles and or air to smooth out.

Iā€™m considering having the ceramic tint applied to the windshield, but I can visibly see the tint on the window, it looks dimpled, if that makes sense, and donā€™t want to be looking at dimples on my windshield, that would drive me crazy.

Have you had this product installed? Once it fully cures will I still see it? If so I need to cancel having it installed on my windshield

Ford Bronco Ceramic Window Tint Question IMG_20230816_123621-2

Mine had dimples and waves fo awhile and then smoothed out. What I donā€™t like is a certain times it looks hazy depending on the sun..is that a ceramic tint thing? I want to take it back to installer
What brand of film do you have installed on yours?

Here is an example of low angle haze. This is 3M ceramic IR film ā€¦. Low quality film
dodge durango low angle haze .jpeg

Last edited:

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes itā€™s part of the normal drying process. (This is what I do for a living,) I do not use Xpel but a quality ceramic film does not have ā€œlow angle hazeā€ as we call it. Xpel should not have the low angle haze. There are definitely other ceramic films (low quality) that definitely do have low angle haze. But not to worry yours should dry out.

What brand of film do you have installed on yours?
Not sure
Sponsored