Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve had multiple mustangs tinted here that have the windows that do the same thing. Itā€™s always been fine.
Yeah. I think itā€™s the ā€œtry to avoid it, and if you must, do it as little as possible, and donā€™t roll them down so far that the top edge of the tint drops below the weather stripping on the bottomā€
Sponsored

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It depends on where you live. I live in the opposite of Alberta: South Florida. Every car has dark tint. Many illegally dark, but the police are notoriously lax here.

Fedexman1978

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We get it, you don't think tint is "cool".
In the States, they may pull you over for a legal stop for tint, but we have to give them permission to search for anything else. That being said, I'm going 5% on my Shadow Black 4 door and completing the mall crawling menace look. šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜ FTW

GotNotch

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i want this guy to do my Bronco

Wow! I have never seen a tinter put that much detail into cleaning. Now with these plotters its how fast can they get you in and out. I wish I knew someone like that to tint my vehicles.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds risky to take the doors off with the window rolled up, if even possible.
Why there is risk, I don't see how it would be impossible. When you open the door, the window retracts. Just "manually" power up the window with the door ajar and then disconnect the power port.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why there is risk, I don't see how it would be impossible. When you open the door, the window retracts. Just "manually" power up the window with the door ajar and then disconnect the power port.
It would just be an awkward carry without being able to throw your arm over.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It would just be an awkward carry without being able to throw your arm over.
Just trying to offer a suggestion. I'm not saying there are no risks or it wouldn't be awkward. I presume if you are removing the doors at the installer's facility that they would have someone to assist in the removal so you aren't trying to tuck a door under each arm. Also, the installer would/should have some cart to protect the door (and glass) while it is being installed and awaiting pickup. I wouldn't expect the door to just be leaned against the wall with the glass supporting the door's weight.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm under the impression that the glass itself is tinted and that it is not a film.
Dave is correct. Privacy glass is darkened within the glass. No film. That being said, professionally done film looks great and matches fine. It will scratch over time and does not hide the rear defroster lines.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is anyone going to have a third party window tint shop remove the factory tint to put ceramic on all around? I've only been the basic stuff on my leased cars, but now that I'm buying I most likely will go with ceramic.

Sponsored

1TNgirl

Wildtrak
First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have never seen so many guys over think window tint. If your tinting person cannot install properly with auto window drop. You better get somebody new. This has been around for a long time. šŸ™„ šŸ˜†

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™ve had multiple mustangs tinted here that have the windows that do the same thing. Itā€™s always been fine.
The tint shop typically uses a heat gun to dry the edge of a window that moves like that, they deal with it all the time it's not a major concern.
Sponsored