First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m really tempted to try the static window tint (cling static film or tintzy) but I’m not sure if it’ll work just fine with the bronco considering how the windows are without a frame. Has anyone tried it and would you guys recommend it?
Sponsored

Phil Brown

Big Bend
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 F350, 1930 model A, 69 mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you want window tint why not just get the traditional style of window tint application and not worry about it ?
I just do not see any advantage

OP
OP

ofm636x

Badlands
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you want window tint why not just get the traditional style of window tint application and not worry about it ?
I just do not see any advantage
It gets really hot where I am in the summer so I just want the tint during the summer. It’s also nice to be able to remove it to avoid tickets and use it when you need to.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I live in Texas where it's hot as well. Went with the street legal tint for the side windows on my 2 door, and the darkest available for the MIC and rear windows. Had the ceramic tint installed. Seems to help when hot, and adds more privacy to whatever is in the cargo and back seat areas. Very happy with the results...

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The issue with this cling-on tint is you'll probably run into an issue with it when you roll down your window. Normal tint is applied and tucked under the lip slightly. I'm also not sure of the thickness of the cling-on type you're referring to, but regular tint is super thin.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It gets really hot where I am in the summer so I just want the tint during the summer. It’s also nice to be able to remove it to avoid tickets and use it when you need to.
My family lived in Saudi back in the 80's and once had the very light tint scraped off the windows of our Mazda 3 with a 13" Bowie knife the guy had who pulled us over (better than the AK him and his partner had). I believe we were driving to Kuwait for a softball tournament (so not in our western camp where it wasn't an issue).

I would think if it's like cling tint that you might add to a house window, I suspect that might bind with the little roll up/down the windows do. I would suggest asking someone who does tint, if there are any around. I would be skeptical, unless you just never rolled the windows down.

There's also the car window shades. Maybe too much would get around if you're worried about ambient temps for them to be useful for you, but I know they help when the sun is on you.

Ford Bronco Static Window Tint 1710360565426-3h

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m really tempted to try the static window tint (cling static film or tintzy) but I’m not sure if it’ll work just fine with the bronco considering how the windows are without a frame. Has anyone tried it and would you guys recommend it?
That stuff is JUNK! get a proper tint job from a shop or order precut ceramic film and do it yourself. That is my 2 cents anyway. The bronco is worth it!

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Static cling tint is not perfectly clear. It has some waviness and sometimes haze to it.
Sponsored