First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the front windows tinted today with Xpel Prime XR. What a difference it made in regards to heat here in sunny California.

I understand it takes up to two weeks to fully cure allowing any bubbles and or air to smooth out.

I’m considering having the ceramic tint applied to the windshield, but I can visibly see the tint on the window, it looks dimpled, if that makes sense, and don’t want to be looking at dimples on my windshield, that would drive me crazy.

Have you had this product installed? Once it fully cures will I still see it? If so I need to cancel having it installed on my windshield

Ford Bronco Ceramic Window Tint Question IMG_8075
Sponsored

Constraints

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the front windows tinted today with Xpel Prime XR. What a difference it made in regards to heat here in sunny California.

I understand it takes up to two weeks to fully cure allowing any bubbles and or air to smooth out.

I’m considering having the ceramic tint applied to the windshield, but I can visibly see the tint on the window, it looks dimpled, if that makes sense, and don’t want to be looking at dimples on my windshield, that would drive me crazy.

Have you had this product installed? Once it fully cures will I still see it? If so I need to cancel having it installed on my windshield

IMG_8075.jpeg
Hi,
I’m in Sacramento and it gets in the triple digits pretty regularly around this time. I just dropped off my Bronco WT to get the prime Xpel XR plus on all windows (20%) also doing the Windshield at 55%. It comes with a lifetime warranty if anything occurs bubbling, dimples etc. I will let you know how it turns out. Should be picking up on Thursday. I also did PPF.

Last edited:

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had Xpel XR Plus put on the front door windows. No bubbles, no dimples, perfectly smooth day one. No waiting days. Of course I had the best installer in my area do it. Not the cheapest, the best.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine had dimples and waves fo awhile and then smoothed out. What I don’t like is a certain times it looks hazy depending on the sun..is that a ceramic tint thing? I want to take it back to installer

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ceramic on windshield is a great addition. Normally takes a couple days for all the bubbles to clear. I have all my vehicles windshields done in ceramic 70 percent

Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So as someone that works at a tint/PPF shop, they are going to tell you that you should wait the 30 days that Xpel states as the drying time, most if not all bubbles and water will evaporate out within the first few days. You said you literally had the tint put on yesterday, get it out in the sun and do not push or poke anything on the tint, the installer can only squeegee out so much of the fluid used in placing the film. If after the drying/curing time the film is still appearing strange then contact the shop and have them check it out. We get calls like this every now and then, our shop goes over care instructions but not everyone listens. We use only Xpel ceramic films the Prime XR and Prime XR Plus because it’s pointless to use non-ceramic in Florida. As for the windshield, know that the first day or so it will look a bit watery cause again the squeegee can only get out so much fluid. Hope this helps.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Personally I'm a huge fan of Crystaline instead. You can also get the IR protection with a extremely light tint.

So if you really want to do the front windshield, I wouldn't worry too much about the bubbles because of all the warranties.

However, just know It is not uncommon to get rock chips, and that price you're paying for the front windshield gets lost with a window replacement.

Bronco56

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Grey Badlands Lux 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question on windshield - I want to do this but I’m worried about it effecting/blocking my auto high beam. Is there a spot that you have to leave undone near the rear view mirror? How has that worked for y’all

OP
OP
Iamjulieb

Iamjulieb

Badlands
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine had dimples and waves fo awhile and then smoothed out. What I don’t like is a certain times it looks hazy depending on the sun..is that a ceramic tint thing? I want to take it back to installer
That’s what I’m concerned about also, mine look hazy too. I’ve had previously owned vehicles tinted (non ceramic tint), and never had this issue day 1. I’m going to give a few days.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes the installer sold me on ceramic for more $$$ but all other stuff I had never looked hazy like this..it’s almost gray at times.

Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ceramic on windshield is a great addition. Normally takes a couple days for all the bubbles to clear. I have all my vehicles windshields done in ceramic 70 percent
I have 70 on both vehicles as well. it took a couple weeks for most bubbles to disappear. I will say that 1 vehicle still has a few small bubbles, but not in my line of sight for driving.

I highly recommend ceramic tint on all windows, including moonroof.

OP
OP
Iamjulieb

Iamjulieb

Badlands
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So as someone that works at a tint/PPF shop, they are going to tell you that you should wait the 30 days that Xpel states as the drying time, most if not all bubbles and water will evaporate out within the first few days. You said you literally had the tint put on yesterday, get it out in the sun and do not push or poke anything on the tint, the installer can only squeegee out so much of the fluid used in placing the film. If after the drying/curing time the film is still appearing strange then contact the shop and have them check it out. We get calls like this every now and then, our shop goes over care instructions but not everyone listens. We use only Xpel ceramic films the Prime XR and Prime XR Plus because it’s pointless to use non-ceramic in Florida. As for the windshield, know that the first day or so it will look a bit watery cause again the squeegee can only get out so much fluid. Hope this helps.
Thanks so much for the info. I just drove it home and put it in the driveway. Haven’t checked on it this morning. The difference it made for heat was amazing.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do ceramics look hazy in certain light? Looks crappy to me..thanks

OP
OP
Iamjulieb

Iamjulieb

Badlands
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally I'm a huge fan of Crystaline instead. You can also get the IR protection with a extremely light tint.

So if you really want to do the front windshield, I wouldn't worry too much about the bubbles because of all the warranties.

However, just know It is not uncommon to get rock chips, and that price you're paying for the front windshield gets lost with a window replacement.
I’ve learned early on about those rock chips! Day 6 of ownership a truck passing me spit a rock up and a week later I have another chip, they are small but geez. So, yes, I see a replacement in the future. 🤦🏻‍♀️

JBerryman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F250 Lariat FX4 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 15% on the fronts of mine with 20% over factory throughout the rear to balance the look with 50 over the windshield and a 15% brow strip....doesn't affect the auto high beams because that is in the box behind the rear view mirror...also mine seems clearer than any other tint I've used with no haze

16921979784324857936849710618660.jpg
Sponsored