freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Whats the going rate price for ceramic windshield tint? What percentage did you get and pics would be great! Thanks
Sponsored

grant318is

Badlands
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call 3 or 4 places local to you. That is the price.

Windshield tint is illegal in most places. Why risk having to remove it or a lawsuit when you rear end someone?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@grant318is is correct. The vast majority of the states have what they call "AS-1 tinting laws", which effectively means it is illegal to tint windshields except for a small strip along the top above a mark called the "AS-1 line" (it's a physical mark on most windshields). The is only a few states where it is legal to tint the windshield and for those states it has to be at or more than 70% net VLT (windshield + tint). I know one of those states is Hawaii, not sure what the others are.

Noticed your profile says New York, and it is illegal to tint the windshield in NY except for a strip along the top. And yes you will fail your annual vehicle safety inspection if you tint (unless your safety inspector just doesn't care, which is common).

You can apply a clear ceramic coat though if you want. Not sure what the going rate on that is, but I can tell you I did it in my driveway for around $65 worth of materials.

Last edited:

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did my entire windshield with ceramic tint 70 percent
makes a huge difference in heat reduction

OP
OP
frkrican2004

frkrican2004

Outer Banks
First Name
freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did my entire windshield with ceramic tint 70 percent
makes a huge difference in heat reduction
Would you happen to have any pics? Thanks for the response

Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did 70% ceramic on my windshield, wanna say it was like $50, but Iā€™m buddies with an installer sooo

Lots of people freak out over the legality of window tints. From my interactions with most police officers, they donā€™t care about 70% windshield tints. You donā€™t even know itā€™s there if you arenā€™t wearing polarized sunglasses - especially with the other windows tinted to 35%, the windshield looks clear as day

photos make the windows look slightly darker, or maybe it was the lighting with the Sun about to set over Saline Valley. The windshield looks clear in-person

30DBA029-F6AC-4A9D-A659-D33D013BA6C1.jpeg

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
frkrican2004

frkrican2004

Outer Banks
First Name
freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did 70% ceramic on my windshield, wanna say it was like $50, but Iā€™m buddies with an installer sooo

Lots of people freak out over the legality of window tints. From my interactions with most police officers, they donā€™t care about 70% windshield tints. You donā€™t even know itā€™s there if you arenā€™t wearing polarized sunglasses - especially with the other windows tinted to 35%, the windshield looks clear as day

photos make the windows look slightly darker, or maybe it was the lighting with the Sun about to set over Saline Valley. The windshield looks clear in-person

Ford Bronco Price for ceramic windshield tint? DA6071B0-7606-4C40-A76B-C985FD03257A
awesome! looks great!

OP
OP
frkrican2004

frkrican2004

Outer Banks
First Name
freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Price for ceramic windshield tint? DA6071B0-7606-4C40-A76B-C985FD03257A
Yeah most police officers don't care unless it is obviously darker than it should be.

Really only becomes an issue if you live in a state with safety inspections. In most of those states the safety inspector/mechanic is supposed to check for a windshield tint... although I can tell you from experience they will often just let it slide. I lived in Pennsylvania which has safety inspections. At the time I had a 70% tint on my Ford Focus' windshield, and that car passed inspection 3 times in a row without issue, the 4th time I got it inspected the mechanic failed me for the tint. I then "fixed the issue" by doing nothing, took it to a different inspection station, and that mechanic passed me. So... whatever.

Depends if you want to take the risk or not.

Sponsored

sameoldeddie

Wildtrak
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I tinted mine and got the dreaded windshield chip/crack within a week or two. It was great while it lasted but Iā€™m not going to keep paying for tint if these things go through windshields as frequently as it seems they do. It also really messed with the headlight sensor and was super annoying. Just some food for thought

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whats the going rate price for ceramic windshield tint? What percentage did you get and pics would be great! Thanks
On tint, check what is allowed by your State's law. I had the rear side windows done. For the front windshield, with as many that are getting cracked and broken, consider ExoShield. It is not a tint but a chip/break protective heavy film. I had it installed $450.00 So far so good.

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
STEK NEX Series film in 70 percent for the front windshield. Price was $350.

OP
OP
frkrican2004

frkrican2004

Outer Banks
First Name
freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

F1NDx

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went with the 50% ceramic tint with the sun visor strip and love it. Huge heat reduction. Paid $240 with lifetime warranty.
Ford Bronco Price for ceramic windshield tint? IMG_4425
Sponsored