De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have never seen so many guys over think window tint. If your tinting person cannot install properly with auto window drop. You better get somebody new. This has been around for a long time. 🙄 😆
It wouldn't be B6G without every new thread being over thought and negativity thrown around somewhere.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is anyone going to have a third party window tint shop remove the factory tint to put ceramic on all around? I've only been the basic stuff on my leased cars, but now that I'm buying I most likely will go with ceramic.
factory window tint is not a film that can be removed..it is part of the glass.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
factory window tint is not a film that can be removed..it is part of the glass.
Hmmmm, that's good to know. Sounds like an alternative would be to put clear ceramic on those windows if I want that. Hope the fronts will be easy to match if I want the rears darker than factory since they can't be removed.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hmmmm, that's good to know. Sounds like an alternative would be to put clear ceramic on those windows if I want that. Hope the fronts will be easy to match if I want the rears darker than factory since they can't be removed.
You could remove them and replace them with the clear ones from the base or find someone with a base and swap tops. Seems like a lot of effort for very little gain but..... where there is a will there is a way.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Another benefit of window tint is that if window get broken the tint kinda contains the pieces .

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I used to be that "super dark in the back" tint guy but no more. I think a lighter tint, but all the way around looks better, is more functional, and if light enough and the same shade, hard to tell if you are really tinted and cops don't mess with you as much (at least where I am).

So with that said... I think a good tint shop could adjust if needed so that the rears that already have some tint to them, might get a lighter film so that they match the fronts that originally would have none. But even if the backs were a tad darker, it would still look good.

My wife's car has that privacy glass and if I ever get around to tinting the fronts, that is what I plan on doing.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why there is risk, I don't see how it would be impossible. When you open the door, the window retracts. Just "manually" power up the window with the door ajar and then disconnect the power port.
Keep in mind there's no frame around the window to support it if it gets leaned up against something.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Most factory windows come in somewhere in the mid 70s %. They have to meet regulations nationwide. Some states, like AK where I live, have absurdly strict tint laws. The legal minimum VLT on front windows here is 70%, so we can't have any aftermarket tint at all on front windows here..."legally"
NY too - and it is tied to the annual NYS inspection process now. HOWEVER, Bronco loophole - plan to have inspection due in late spring or summer - remove front doors and proceed to inspection station. Windows weren't tinted when I got the sticker (they have ability to deny any wrongdoing as it relates to passing my car) I can always say got them tinted after the car was inspected. :cool: :p

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This simply is not the law.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know you're not supposed to roll your windows down for 48 hours. How does that work when the Bronco windows shoot down an inch when you open the door? Good thing there's a tailgate! Lol
It'll be fine I have had several Mustangs done which were frameless as well, never had an issue with it.

Sponsored

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Had my First Edition done right away. All Ceramic, 35% front windows, 5% rear with a 5% brow on the windshield. All my cars/trucks are tinted. There is no way i'd drive without it.

As for the window moving up and down when you open the door. I asked the tint shop about it. They put the tint down a little lower than usual to account for the window rolling down before it's fully cured. I took it back 2 weeks later for them to check all the bottom seams just to make sure it was all smooth and had no issues at all.

bronco tinted 2.jpg

bronco tinted.jpg

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Another reason I ordered a base. No point in paying for Ford's "50 state legal" tint.

I'll have a local shop tint it "as dark as legal in AZ". We can go down to 35% transmission on drivers/passenger side windows.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am going limo ceramic tint on all windows. technically not legal, but I have not had a problem with law enforcement. Whatever tint you choose, i can tell you that the ceramic tint film makes a difference with how hot the car gets.
Sponsored