First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base 2 door with hard top. Just wondering if anyone has had there windows tinted. I called around here(Oklahoma) and there asking around $300. Ive never had to pay for tinting as my other vehicles have always came pre tinted. So is that a high price due to the pandemic and I should wait, or normal and go ahead and get it done. Thanks
Sponsored

Wings2Wheels

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch; 737
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, if you're having 2 windows done that sounds maybe a tad high.

I had all four windows done. Front driver and passenger sides tinted to match the rears, as well as a clear tint (but UV blocking) over the rears that had the privacy glass from the factory.

$350 all in.

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just had mine done a few weeks ago. All four doors costed me $200.

I guess I'm not sure if the quote they gave you includes tinting the windows on your hard top clamshell. If not, it sounds too steep for just two doors.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a two door and I did 20% XPEL on all five windows. This achieves limo in back three and 20% driver and pass. I paid $250 and my guy came to my house. He does all my vehicles and even put silver on my house windows and sliding glass door.
Ford Bronco Window tint price IMG_9550

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Paid $90 to have front two windows done to match the two back they were already tinted from the factory.

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man these prices seem super cheap to me. I am in south louisiana and was quoted 700-800 by multiple shops for ceramic tint on my xterra, which should be nearly identical glass as the bronco. I am anticipating the bronco quote to be similar.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Call around. That is a little high but not bad if they are doing the entire car. I know they use different types of tint but nowadays, the quality is good enough.

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think I paid about 500 for all the side glass on my 4 door

Wings2Wheels

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Paid $90 to have front two windows done to match the two back they were already tinted from the factory.

FYI, the factory 'tint' is privacy glass and has no ability to reduce UV light/heat....if that is important to you.

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was quoted about $250 for standard 3M and about $350 for ceramic 3M

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
$300 for a 4 door where I am

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FYI, the factory 'tint' is privacy glass and has no ability to reduce UV light/heat....if that is important to you.
Automotive glass has changed a lot in the last decade. Windshields now block 98% or more of UV light and most side windows block 80-100% of UV. Many companies, including Ford, use factory privacy glass for rear, side, and sunroofs that block 99.5% of UV. Much of it is manufactured by a company named AGC.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...ll-Directions-for-the-First-Time-in-the-World

A quote from an older article article on automotive glass that indicates the average UV blockage for side windows tended to be 71 percent 5 years ago. Now that average is much higher.

Dr. Levy showed me a 2016 report indicating that front windshields blocked about 96 per cent of UV rays, although the coverage offered by other automotive glass tended to be lower, at about 71 per cent.

For instance, the sunroof glass used in a new Volvo XC90 blocks at least 99.5 per cent of UV radiation, according to that automaker.

“Automotive glass is designed to block most (and in some cases, all) of the sun’s UV rays,” said Brad Evans, Subaru Canada’s car line manager. “Laminated windshield glass typically blocks 100 per cent of UV rays, while side and rear window door glass blocks from 80 per cent up to 100 per cent. Sunroof glass with factory tinting is also very protective, blocking over 90 per cent of UV rays.”

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
$175 all 4 doors

Wings2Wheels

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Automotive glass has changed a lot in the last decade. Windshields now block 98% or more of UV light and most side windows block 80-100% of UV. Many companies, including Ford, use factory privacy glass for rear, side, and sunroofs that block 99.5% of UV. Much of it is manufactured by a company named AGC.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...ll-Directions-for-the-First-Time-in-the-World

A quote from an older article article on automotive glass that indicates the average UV blockage for side windows tended to be 71 percent 5 years ago. Now that average is much higher.

Dr. Levy showed me a 2016 report indicating that front windshields blocked about 96 per cent of UV rays, although the coverage offered by other automotive glass tended to be lower, at about 71 per cent.

For instance, the sunroof glass used in a new Volvo XC90 blocks at least 99.5 per cent of UV radiation, according to that automaker.

“Automotive glass is designed to block most (and in some cases, all) of the sun’s UV rays,” said Brad Evans, Subaru Canada’s car line manager. “Laminated windshield glass typically blocks 100 per cent of UV rays, while side and rear window door glass blocks from 80 per cent up to 100 per cent. Sunroof glass with factory tinting is also very protective, blocking over 90 per cent of UV rays.”

Cool story.

All I know is I took a heat lamp to the rear passenger side windows and it was damn near as hot on the inside of the glass as it was on the outside.

Quite a simple test to see if I needed to put clear ceramic film on the rear to provide the level of UV/radiant heat reduction I wanted.

To each their own.
Sponsored