Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey everybody, long time reader first time poster. I'm putting in my order for a 2 Door Wildtrak in Eruption Green, and I'm super excited!

I test drove a Badlands with the 6Cyl just to get a general feel for power and whatnot. I thought the sound system sounded halfway decent, at least on par with my 2016 Fusion. However, I've seen a lot of you say its lackluster or just flat out terrible. I'm looking at the JBL Soundbar as well as doing an aftermarket upgrade.

My question is, have any of you gotten the JBL Soundbar? How's it perform? Is it hardwired or Bluetooth? And is it compatible with aftermarket sound upgrades?

Thank you all in advance!
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The JBL Soundbar is hard-wired, and the general consensus among the community is that it isn't worth it given the price, the quality of sound it produces, and the fact it dramatically reduces your rear-window visibility.

Most people seem to agree the best "first step" to improving the sound quality is to add an amplifier to the factory setup. The Kicker Key 200.4 seems to be the favorite, but obviously there is a lot of options for amplifiers. After that if you still aren't happy you can look into adding a subwoofers and/or replacing speakers.

---

As an aside... if you are ordering a 2-door Wildtrak, mentally prepare yourself it may not show up this year—both 2-door and Wildtrak are heavily constrained. Basically... expect the worst and hope for the best. ;)

OP
OP
pilot_ims

pilot_ims

Wildtrak
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The JBL Soundbar is hard-wired, and the general consensus among the community is that it isn't worth it given the price, the quality of sound it produces, and the fact it dramatically reduces your rear-window visibility.

Most people seem to agree the best "first step" to improving the sound quality is to add an amplifier to the factory setup. The Kicker Key 200.4 seems to be the favorite, but obviously there is a lot of options for amplifiers. After that if you still aren't happy you can look into adding a subwoofers and/or replacing speakers.

---

As an aside... if you are ordering a 2-door Wildtrak, mentally prepare yourself it may not show up this year—both 2-door and Wildtrak are heavily constrained. Basically... expect the worst and hope for the best. ;)
Thanks for the tips! I more or less want the soundbar to have something loud for when I take the Bronco out shooting 😂

And I'm fully prepared to wait for it to come in. If I'm spending that much money, I'll get what I want and not regret settling for a lower trim. Plus the longer I wait, the more money I'll have to put down lol
Sponsored