Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all,

I know this has been discussed many times before but hoping to hear from some of you who have been using these for a bit of time now. Seems that most of the complaints are from those with soft tops but my hard top dumps water on me when I open the door in the rain, especially if it has been sitting for a while and water has pooled on top. The water seems to drop straight down onto the sill/floor when I open the door and I'm looking to at least have something in place so the water drops outside of the sill when I open the door.

The two options out there seem to be the IAG and the Mabett (and all the Chinese knockoffs similar to Mabett).

I like the IAG (comes in matte black too) but it seems like they are just a "shelf" that really doesn't channel the water anywhere just kind of extends the roof line a bit. I would think that water still pours off them and down the side windows but wondering if they are wide enough to dump the water farther out so it doesn't land on the sill.

The Mabett ones have a channel but I'm not crazy about the look of the portion that wraps around to the front top of the windshield.

Here are my questions:

- IAG: Do they stick out enough (wide enough) to do any good at pushing the water far enough off the windows and the sill ? When you open the door, does the water still run down onto the sill or do the guards extend far enough out so the water clears the sill when you open the door ?

- Mabett: How well do they channel the water to the front without them "overflowing" and dripping water down the side windows and thus, onto the sill when the door is opened ? Has anyone "customized" the front portion, maybe removing the hook portion that wraps around to the front of the windshield ? Think maybe cutting them back to where they just reach the A pillar but don't go all the way around to the front so they aren't so damn ugly.

- How are they when you're rolling down the road, OK to open the window without any dripping ?

- Do both of these still interfere with the window when you open the door ? I have a MY23 that have the windows drop a bit when you unlock it, anyone else have this and think there isn't an issue with window clearance upon opening ?

Appreciate any responses.
Sponsored