First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hello - this would be my first post! I picked up by 2024 Raptor yesterday...and having combed this forum for the 4 months I was waiting for my order, ordering parts here and there, I thought one of the EASIEST updates would be WeatherTech mud flaps...well - not so much.

Per the instructions, removal of a bolt is required to secure the mudflap, and when I attempted this, it seems to either be faulty or there is an issue that I cannot figure out. The bolt seems to be linked to the OEM rock rail, securing it from the front of the vehicle under the front wheel well. The bolt has become stuck in an endless "turn" where I can no longer screw it back in or back it out any further...so I assume the bolt is stripped or the part that the bolt secures is stripped (or something else).

Might anyone have a link to instructions to remove the entire rock rail from the vehicle? The step looks easy enough...but I don't want to tackle taking off the rail to see if that might aid in removing it without some formal specifications or instructions.

Thank you all in advance! I wasn't expecting to "break" my new truck with only 30 miles on it!...
Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hello - this would be my first post! I picked up by 2024 Raptor yesterday...and having combed this forum for the 4 months I was waiting for my order, ordering parts here and there, I thought one of the EASIEST updates would be WeatherTech mud flaps...well - not so much.

Per the instructions, removal of a bolt is required to secure the mudflap, and when I attempted this, it seems to either be faulty or there is an issue that I cannot figure out. The bolt seems to be linked to the OEM rock rail, securing it from the front of the vehicle under the front wheel well. The bolt has become stuck in an endless "turn" where I can no longer screw it back in or back it out any further...so I assume the bolt is stripped or the part that the bolt secures is stripped (or something else).

Might anyone have a link to instructions to remove the entire rock rail from the vehicle? The step looks easy enough...but I don't want to tackle taking off the rail to see if that might aid in removing it without some formal specifications or instructions.

Thank you all in advance! I wasn't expecting to "break" my new truck with only 30 miles on it!...
Have you tried getting pliers or a screwdriver to apply pressure to the bolt in the direction that you are trying to remove it while turning the head? That typically is the trick for removing stripped bolts. Once out you can re-tap the threads before you replace it.

OP
OP
coverthawk

coverthawk

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you for the reply! I have tried that with no luck - and it is a true puzzle because I cannot figure out why the bolt will not move in EITHER direction (back in, or out). At this point I am looking to replace the rock rail itself but cannot find a site what shows the parts breakdown specifically for the Bronco Raptor or with a list to determine if I might replace JUST a part or need the entire rail...It looks like (attached image) that the part that the bolt connects to is not a structural bolt but something else (image attached - the piece that looks to be where I have the issue is circled along with the bolt. Any idea how to specifically identify these parts to place an order somewhere?

98ec4e61ff4f6ee35f6fbbf5c4bf6d12.png

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sounds like the nutsert has come loose and that’s what is spinning with the bolt attached.

Your dealer can order the parts and perhaps they can even address the repair under warranty via the Service Department. Good luck!
Sponsored