First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I was curious, for those who have had engine failures/replacements. What was the final outcome of the RAV, and was it at all what you expected.

I am in the middle of it, and RAV team has been much better than FCR, and the contact from Executive Offices (Karen Jones mentioned by some other posters here) while very polite, seemed to be assigned for "general soothing" and was not really aware of the individual process, and once RAV took over vanished.

To be clear, not complaining, I understand large corporations and their slow path, just wondering actual experiences.
Sponsored

Broncoshrimp

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went through the RAV process for my Badlands that technically met the Lemon law guidelines (out of service for more than 50 days) in Michigan.
The RAV rep that was assigned to me outlined the options available:

1. Repurchase: Vehicle is bought back, you get your down payment/monthly payments back minus a usage fee.
2. Vehicle Swap: You are allowed to pick out a vehicle within $1500 of your original MSRP in exchange for your vehicle. Doesn’t have to be the same model. This option might not be allowed if you have existing financing that doesn’t allow for collateral substitution on an existing lien. You have the option of RAV paying off existing lien and then you’d secure new financing (if you are financing) for the new vehicle.

There is an additional option of cash and keep, where they offer you a sum of money to keep your vehicle as is (obviously this would only work if your vehicle is still operable).

After dealing with the RAV department, I never heard from Ford Customer Service. It was like they washed their hands of me when I invoked the lemon law guidelines. Lol

OP
OP

69-300

Black Diamond
First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went through the RAV process for my Badlands that technically met the Lemon law guidelines (out of service for more than 50 days) in Michigan.
The RAV rep that was assigned to me outlined the options available:

1. Repurchase: Vehicle is bought back, you get your down payment/monthly payments back minus a usage fee.
2. Vehicle Swap: You are allowed to pick out a vehicle within $1500 of your original MSRP in exchange for your vehicle. Doesn’t have to be the same model. This option might not be allowed if you have existing financing that doesn’t allow for collateral substitution on an existing lien. You have the option of RAV paying off existing lien and then you’d secure new financing (if you are financing) for the new vehicle.

There is an additional option of cash and keep, where they offer you a sum of money to keep your vehicle as is (obviously this would only work if your vehicle is still operable).

After dealing with the RAV department, I never heard from Ford Customer Service. It was like they washed their hands of me when I invoked the lemon law guidelines. Lol

So did you take any of the options ? Or is the process still ongoing ?

Broncoshrimp

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So did you take any of the options ? Or is the process still ongoing ?
I started the process at the beginning of November, and completed the process beginning of December. I chose cash and keep, as I already had my Bronco back with a new 2.7L.
Sponsored