Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Non-biased initial review after install for the RCI 20º slider for the Bronco.

Ordered and received in about a month and a half. Surprised at how simple the packaging was, no foam of any sort to cushion the sliders. Just one sealed thick plastic with the end corners plastic wrapped. First to arrive was the passenger side, noticed while opening the box and plastic, the leading edge already had scuffs but wasn't a big deal but could have been avoided for sure.
Ford Bronco RCI 20º slider post install (LONG READ) 20231017_165634

Then noticed a nice sized chunk taken out of the powder coat maybe a 3rd of the size of a penny. The plastic that wrapped the entire slider did not have any visible damage, makes me wonder if anyone at RCI noticed the scuffs and damage. I know someone else mentioned something similar and notified RCI and was told to just paint it.
Ford Bronco RCI 20º slider post install (LONG READ) 20231017_165638

Ford Bronco RCI 20º slider post install (LONG READ) 20231017_170157
Couple days later the driver side showed up, had my install table, laptop with instructions, tools, drinks, etc. all ready to go. No damage that I noticed but the hardware package, main bag of bolts/washers were for a 2 door. Got on the phone and no excuses were made, RCI did as expected and priority shipped the correct HW pack for my 4 door.

Last Friday the HW pack showed up and I get to work using a 5 gallon bucket which turned out to be near perfect height. Along with my kids to hold the bucket and slider in place while I bolted up one side then the other. I had a constant doubt about if everything would go together smooth. I also was wondering if the slider would have enough room to step up on for passengers and myself. It does, makes thing much easier getting in and out of the rig.

I will say that I could not find a proper install video on YouTube however..... The instructions from RCI are pretty damn good when viewing on a tablet or pc. The delay on parts gave me plenty of time to review how it all gets attached and I think I went over the instructions at least 8 times lol.

ZERO fitment issues, no problems lining anything up, no modifications of any sort. These things are strong as expected out of the box. I have a more purpose built rig for banging down on things but this will eventually have its test as well.

Closer view, keep in mind this is on 37s
Ford Bronco RCI 20º slider post install (LONG READ) 20231023_063817

Ford Bronco RCI 20º slider post install (LONG READ) 20231023_063940

Front fitment
Ford Bronco RCI 20º slider post install (LONG READ) 20231023_063914

Rear fitment
Ford Bronco RCI 20º slider post install (LONG READ) 20231023_063905

From above on Driver
Ford Bronco RCI 20º slider post install (LONG READ) 20231023_063830

View from above rear
Ford Bronco RCI 20º slider post install (LONG READ) 20231023_063846

Cons
- Packaging absolutely sucks (sorry RCI)
- Wish the lead time was a bit better than a month and a half but it is what it is
- Already damaged upon arrival, and due to the undamaged plastic, it must have left RCI this way (WHAT AN EYE-SORE)
- Wrong HW pack included, I read beforehand someone else ran into this and found that someone else that received there's around the same time as me also got the 2dr pack instead of the 4dr pack.

Pros
- These things are stout from what I can tell having previous sliders on a couple rigs
- RCI answered every call/message, this is very important to me with the companies I do business with. There wasn't an excessive amount, I believe I contacted them with questions 2-3 times (I didn't ask about the damage on the phone or messages)
- Fitment was PERFECT, worst thing for me is modifying something because it doesn't quite fit

Would I purchase again? Yes if they changed how they package their bigger items. We can all say that sliders will eventually get damaged and they do, but we cause it, not upon arrival. And the spot I have the chunk taken out is an eye sore right in a place that is clearly visible.

If someone within my group were to ask me if they should get the RCI sliders, I would first let them know about lead time to ensure they don't get frustrated later. I would also let them know up front about packaging but then followed up with they are great quality and strong. They can make their own choice from there.
Ford Bronco RCI 20º slider post install (LONG READ) FB_IMG_1698073342020

Ford Bronco RCI 20º slider post install (LONG READ) FB_IMG_1698073374687
Sponsored

Last edited:

Moving Chicane

Badlands
First Name
DP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Germans and an Italian
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great write-up regarding your experience!

Mine are someway between there and here right now; I'm ready (I think) for any little or large surprises! 😑

OP
OP
TEAMSLO

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great write-up regarding your experience!

Mine are someway between there and here right now; I'm ready (I think) for any little or large surprises! 😑
Thank you!! Hopefully you will get the correct HW package. The packaging will certainly surprise you at how minimal it is, hopefully it will be a non-issue. Such an easy install, it literally took 10-15 minutes per side.

Ping me if you have any questions about install on a 4 door.

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@TEAMSLO

10-15 minutes per side?? Any tips on how you got it done so quickly? Passenger side seems particularly involved with the fuel tank needing to be dropped/lowered.

My 4door rails took 12+ weeks for delivery. Still boxed in my garage waiting for time to install.

OP
OP
TEAMSLO

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@TEAMSLO
10-15 minutes per side?? Any tips on how you got it done so quickly? Passenger side seems particularly involved with the fuel tank needing to be dropped/lowered.
Yeah probably not 10 minutes, that may have been slightly exaggerated. But at 15 minutes or so, completely doable if your confident with what the instructions labelled out.

For the passenger side, I only had one bolt to undo for the gas tank/strap, I had a jack and bucket to hold it on up but turns out, wasn't even needed with 1/8th tank of fuel. The tank itself doesn't need to be lowered, just had to remove the 1 bolt frame side that holds in metal strap (skid plate if there is one) so that you could slip the slider in place between the frame and strap/skid.

The 2 carriage bolts just slid backwards (head side) through the frame and then you slip the carriage bracket retainer (whatever the 4 pieces are called) to hold it in place. Speed clip take a few seconds to slip up inside the frame, once you have the center bolt threaded semi snug, its easy to manipulate. Couple of other nuts n bolts were even simpler to install.

I did have my two young sons helping stabilize the slider on the buckets, at times using two to get started before I crawled underneath, then I would hold up one side while they kept the other side resting on a bucket.

With all the delays, I had a lot of time to familiarize myself with what went where. Even having the 2 door HW pack so that I could see the different HW and where exactly they were going.

Last edited:

Sponsored
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Non-biased initial review after install for the RCI 20º slider for the Bronco.

Ordered and received in about a month and a half. Surprised at how simple the packaging was, no foam of any sort to cushion the sliders. Just one sealed thick plastic with the end corners plastic wrapped. First to arrive was the passenger side, noticed while opening the box and plastic, the leading edge already had scuffs but wasn't a big deal but could have been avoided for sure.

Then noticed a nice sized chunk taken out of the powder coat maybe a 3rd of the size of a penny. The plastic that wrapped the entire slider did not have any visible damage, makes me wonder if anyone at RCI noticed the scuffs and damage. I know someone else mentioned something similar and notified RCI and was told to just paint it.

Couple days later the driver side showed up, had my install table, laptop with instructions, tools, drinks, etc. all ready to go. No damage that I noticed but the hardware package, main bag of bolts/washers were for a 2 door. Got on the phone and no excuses were made, RCI did as expected and priority shipped the correct HW pack for my 4 door.

Last Friday the HW pack showed up and I get to work using a 5 gallon bucket which turned out to be near perfect height. Along with my kids to hold the bucket and slider in place while I bolted up one side then the other. I had a constant doubt about if everything would go together smooth. I also was wondering if the slider would have enough room to step up on for passengers and myself. It does, makes thing much easier getting in and out of the rig.

I will say that I could not find a proper install video on YouTube however..... The instructions from RCI are pretty damn good when viewing on a tablet or pc. The delay on parts gave me plenty of time to review how it all gets attached and I think I went over the instructions at least 8 times lol.

ZERO fitment issues, no problems lining anything up, no modifications of any sort. These things are strong as expected out of the box. I have a more purpose built rig for banging down on things but this will eventually have its test as well.

Closer view, keep in mind this is on 37s

Front fitment

Rear fitment

From above on Driver

View from above rear

Cons
- Packaging absolutely sucks (sorry RCI)
- Wish the lead time was a bit better than a month and a half but it is what it is
- Already damaged upon arrival, and due to the undamaged plastic, it must have left RCI this way (WHAT AN EYE-SORE)
- Wrong HW pack included, I read beforehand someone else ran into this and found that someone else that received there's around the same time as me also got the 2dr pack instead of the 4dr pack.

Pros
- These things are stout from what I can tell having previous sliders on a couple rigs
- RCI answered every call/message, this is very important to me with the companies I do business with. There wasn't an excessive amount, I believe I contacted them with questions 2-3 times (I didn't ask about the damage on the phone or messages)
- Fitment was PERFECT, worst thing for me is modifying something because it doesn't quite fit

Would I purchase again? Yes if they changed how they package their bigger items. We can all say that sliders will eventually get damaged and they do, but we cause it, not upon arrival. And the spot I have the chunk taken out is an eye sore right in a place that is clearly visible.

If someone within my group were to ask me if they should get the RCI sliders, I would first let them know about lead time to ensure they don't get frustrated later. I would also let them know up front about packaging but then followed up with they are great quality and strong. They can make their own choice from there.

Did yours come with hardware for the tread plates? I just installed sliders on my 4-door this past weekend and it didn't come with any hardware for the option plates and I assumed that was an error on their part.

OP
OP
TEAMSLO

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did yours come with hardware for the tread plates? I just installed sliders on my 4-door this past weekend and it didn't come with any hardware for the option plates and I assumed that was an error on their part.
Yes it did.... I don't remember if it did in the beginning as it came with HW pack for a 2 door, but after a quick call, they immediately sent the 4 door HW pack and I had everything needed within 2 days.

I don't regret ordering from RCI, but I still can't stand how they package items. Recently received the gas tank skid and it came undamaged but just thrown in a box.

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes it did.... I don't remember if it did in the beginning as it came with HW pack for a 2 door, but after a quick call, they immediately sent the 4 door HW pack and I had everything needed within 2 days.

I don't regret ordering from RCI, but I still can't stand how they package items. Recently received the gas tank skid and it came undamaged but just thrown in a box.
I reached out to them and they said they mistakenly left the tread plate hardware out of the packaging but they already shipped it and I should receive it soon.

I couldn't agree more on the packaging though. I was very lucky and my sliders arrived unscathed but there was zero protection and they easily could've been damaged. They seem like a great company that producing a fantastic and high quality product but they need to improve their shipping processes.

Shoresy

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land cruiser, focus st
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah probably not 10 minutes, that may have been slightly exaggerated. But at 15 minutes or so, completely doable if your confident with what the instructions labelled out.

For the passenger side, I only had one bolt to undo for the gas tank/strap, I had a jack and bucket to hold it on up but turns out, wasn't even needed with 1/8th tank of fuel. The tank itself doesn't need to be lowered, just had to remove the 1 bolt frame side that holds in metal strap (skid plate if there is one) so that you could slip the slider in place between the frame and strap/skid.

The 2 carriage bolts just slid backwards (head side) through the frame and then you slip the carriage bracket retainer (whatever the 4 pieces are called) to hold it in place. Speed clip take a few seconds to slip up inside the frame, once you have the center bolt threaded semi snug, its easy to manipulate. Couple of other nuts n bolts were even simpler to install.

I did have my two young sons helping stabilize the slider on the buckets, at times using two to get started before I crawled underneath, then I would hold up one side while they kept the other side resting on a bucket.

With all the delays, I had a lot of time to familiarize myself with what went where. Even having the 2 door HW pack so that I could see the different HW and where exactly they were going.
the driver side was piece of cake, but struggling with fuel tank on passenger side.

Do you have the fuel tank skid?
Plan to call RCI, but don’t see how to get carriage bolts thru frame without removing skid and dropping tank a few inches. I have a ‘21, maybe the tank/skid is slightly different.

the driver side was piece of cake, but struggling with fuel tank on passenger side.

OJK

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco, "09 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you have the fuel tank skid?
Plan to call RCI, but don’t see how to get carriage bolts thru frame without removing skid and dropping tank a few inches. I have a ‘21, maybe the tank/skid is slightly different.

It's actually a lot simpler than you think. You have to feed the head end of the bolt through the hole (it's large enough o fit) towards the fuel tank then you'll use the carriage bolt plate to keep it in place. Don't try to feed the threaded part of the bolt through from the inside because you'd have to move the fuel tank as you have noticed.

Sponsored

Shoresy

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land cruiser, focus st
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's actually a lot simpler than you think. You have to feed the head end of the bolt through the hole (it's large enough o fit) towards the fuel tank then you'll use the carriage bolt plate to keep it in place. Don't try to feed the threaded part of the bolt through from the inside because you'd have to move the fuel tank as you have noticed.
You, sir, are my hero!

Reactions: OJK
OP
OP
TEAMSLO

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm assuming you got it installed, that thing is stout right?

Shoresy

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land cruiser, focus st
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm assuming you got it installed, that thing is stout right?
Yes! So glad I sought advice (full disclosure the instructions do say to insert carriage head first, doh).

Happy I went 20-degree and did the pinch seam covers as well. Still works as a step and looks sweet!

Super stout and will hold up on the trail.

OP
OP
TEAMSLO

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Happy I went 20-degree and did the pinch seam covers as well. Still works as a step and looks sweet!

Super stout and will hold up on the trail.
Yeah, pretty much my thoughts after the install.
Sponsored