Sponsored

Rear seat covers with factory style back?

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm looking for a brand of seat covers in which the back of the rear seat covers maintain the carpet-like material on the backs so that I can still use my seat back protectors also. This detail seems to be extremely hard to find on any product descriptions so was wondering if anybody has found seat covers that have this feature. So far I believe I've seen a video that shows the PRP covers do, but they are a bit pricey for my liking - wondering if there are any other confirmed options out there. Thanks!
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry but isn't the point of putting a seat cover on there also to protect the back so you wouldn't need the aftermarket protectors anymore?

I ended up with Bartact covers all the way around so the back is Molly straps. But they're definitely not cheap.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I highly doubt any brand is going to sell a seat cover with carpet material as a backing.

I went with Rough Country seat covers. They are a sure fit cover that fits every contour and gives great protection. It is very thick waterproof neoprene material.

IMG_20221222_151224.jpg

IMG_20221222_151234.jpg

IMG_20221222_151439.jpg

OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry but isn't the point of putting a seat cover on there also to protect the back so you wouldn't need the aftermarket protectors anymore?

I ended up with Bartact covers all the way around so the back is Molly straps. But they're definitely not cheap.
I mean yeah for sure... I just already have a full set of Canvasback cargo area protectors which look really sharp and won't scratch/pickup dog hair etc. It's not a deal-breaker just would be nice to keep using them if somebody offers the carpet back on their seat covers. I also may want rubber backed protectors at some point to keep stuff from sliding around, etc. Like I said, I know PRP has carpet backed rear seats but those are $1000 for a full set.

OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I highly doubt any brand is going to sell a seat cover with carpet material as a backing.

I went with Rough Country seat covers. They are a sure fit cover that fits every contour and gives great protection. It is very thick waterproof neoprene material.

IMG_20221222_151224.jpg

IMG_20221222_151234.jpg

IMG_20221222_151439.jpg
These do look sharp. Not sure how I feel about neoprene - my main concern is ease of cleaning/dog hair and less about actually protecting the seats if that makes sense. It seems like vinyl covers might be easier in terms of cleaning but I'd probably prefer the feel of neoprene.

Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
These do look sharp. Not sure how I feel about neoprene - my main concern is ease of cleaning/dog hair and less about actually protecting the seats if that makes sense. It seems like vinyl covers might be easier in terms of cleaning but I'd probably prefer the feel of neoprene.
I have 3 dogs that ride with me. I vacuum the hair out each time with no issues. I take it to my local car wash and use the high suction vacs

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I mean yeah for sure... I just already have a full set of Canvasback cargo area protectors which look really sharp and won't scratch/pickup dog hair etc. It's not a deal-breaker just would be nice to keep using them if somebody offers the carpet back on their seat covers. I also may want rubber backed protectors at some point to keep stuff from sliding around, etc. Like I said, I know PRP has carpet backed rear seats but those are $1000 for a full set.
Okay got you, that makes sense. Yeah my Bartacts were $900 for the full set but I really like them. Unfortunately the way they were installed doesn't lend itself to easy on and off remove for washing. But then again, at least I know they won't fall off :)
Sponsored