Lil Mul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2DR Badlands SAS / 2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I got my first new bronco malfunction...

As the title says, went to fold down the rear seat this afternoon, pulled up the passenger rear seat back pull lanyard to release the latch and something broke way down inside towards the bottom of the seat back. Now the lanyard does nothing and seat back is locked up.

Any ideas how to release the latch and get inside the seat back to fix whatever broke in there ? I definitely felt something plastic at the end of the lanyard snap when I pulled on it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well I got my first new bronco malfunction...

As the title says, went to fold down the rear seat this afternoon, pulled up the passenger rear seat back pull lanyard to release the latch and something broke way down inside towards the bottom of the seat back. Now the lanyard does nothing and seat back is locked up.

Any ideas how to release the latch and get inside the seat back to fix whatever broke in there ? I definitely felt something plastic at the end of the lanyard snap when I pulled on it.
Good morning/! I would be glad to help you out with this broken rear seat fold release concern. Just shoot us a PM with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". Thank you!