First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco 2021 4Dr Bronco Wildtrak broke down 0515561B-6DFD-4468-99CA-32470D70254D

Had 1200 miles on my badass Wildtrak and the alarms starting going off telling me to shut down truck. So I pull over shut down truck and nothing. Won’t turn over, no electronics, just dead in the water. So I open the hood and WTF.
Ford Bronco 2021 4Dr Bronco Wildtrak broke down 5AA4EEF2-0ED7-41D4-AFC7-ADBF06F91D52
Nice easy fix and Ford tool kit included had the right socket.
Sponsored

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow, who would of thought, at least it was an easy fix. Can't wait to get my WT.

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought we were going to have to ask 2.7 or 2.3 for a second! And as a worried 2.7 owner with 1400 miles I think we would have know the answer. Glad it was a simple fix. Must have been on there pretty loose to come off like that.

Edit- looks to be a wildtrak so 2.7 it is. Glad it wasn't a dropped valve.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had an issue with my AS/S and the Bronco dying when it went to start back up. When I popped the hood to check the hose/pulley issue I also noticed that my negative terminal was about to pop off the post. Tightened it back down and no issue with the AS/S since.

So looks like along with everything else, people need to check their battery cables at delivery too.

Cleehb

Big Bend
First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot, Hyundai Pallisade
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2021 4Dr Bronco Wildtrak broke down 5AA4EEF2-0ED7-41D4-AFC7-ADBF06F91D52

Had 1200 miles on my badass Wildtrak and the alarms starting going off telling me to shut down truck. So I pull over shut down truck and nothing. Won’t turn over, no electronics, just dead in the water. So I open the hood and WTF.
Really makes you wonder what kind of QC they have at the plant.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah loose battery connectors are unknown issue for your pickup checklist. There's also the coolant hose too close to the pulley, the coolant hose clamps, and someone was saying something about the negative ground cable on the fuse box.

Oh and there's a plug behind the glove box that can mess with your overall systems because it connects some sort of controller to the rest of the vehicle.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah loose battery connectors are unknown issue for your pickup checklist. There's also the coolant hose too close to the pulley, the coolant hose clamps, and someone was saying something about the negative ground cable on the fuse box.

Oh and there's a plug behind the glove box that can mess with your overall systems because it connects some sort of controller to the rest of the vehicle.
Someone else also had a group of wires that didn’t get a clip and was rubbing against the top of the rear drive shaft.

Dave-O

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Daaaaamn, I regretted getting Grey with my Toyota but it looks Damn good on the Bronco.

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure how many people have ever bought a new car or truck before. Either you check it out real good or have some one check it out. Nothing crazy, just look around and tight bolts, check belts just see if things look off and what not. Yes you wouldn't think you would have to do this with a 50k plus vehicle but guess what about 10% of the people care about doing a good job. That includes quality control

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Didn't look at the checklist did you? :)

Battery cables, fuses block bolts, and fuses are on there as a known problem for causing electrical gremlins.

My Bronco isn't leaving the dealer lot until I've tightened all of those... And made sure the radiator hose isn't rubbing the pulley.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's funny. When I got my truck a couple months ago(used) the first time I pulled over coming home it completely went dead. Turned out the battery cable popped off too.
Sponsored