Dwb85

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Focus SES
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently snapped the plastic tabs off the rear window that keep the fabric connected to the frame. I found a service bulletin for it
23-2091

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10233597-0001.pdf

Briarwood Ford in Saline Michigan says the only way to fix it is replacement of window with a cost of $750 Even after I showed them the TSB. They said the TSB does not exist and would cost $750 for the window as it’s not covered by extended warranty. should I just perform the servicing myself or take it to Bill Brown in Livonia where the truck was purchased?

Why is the bumper to bumper not just 3 years but or 36000 miles? I’ve put almost 40,000 miles on the truck in 2 years, how does milage affect the soft top? Seems it should be covered for 3 years regardless of milage.
Anyway, anyone affiliated with ford have info on this TSB and are the dealerships avoiding TSB repairs to sell parts?

You
Sponsored

Rus-T

Black Diamond
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My window was covered under this TSB. Had it fixed in 22 by my dealer in Florida. Maybe call a few dealers, or it could be the TSB doesn't exist anymore? Don't know, but just thought I'd let you know my experience. Good luck!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford did remove the TSB and they have replaced it with an SSM it looks like. Replacing the whole rear window is now the recommended repair. But either way, if you’re out of 3/36 then it likely won’t be covered.

Ford Bronco Rear window soft top corner tabs broken IMG_3432
Ford Bronco Rear window soft top corner tabs broken IMG_3433

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And the main thing to know is that those corner pieces are NOT to be separated from the rear window. Ever. There are vids on install/de-install.....why the dealers don't point this out is beyond me. Maybe they just don't know.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And the main thing to know is that those corner pieces are NOT to be separated from the rear window. Ever. There are vids on install/de-install.....why the dealers don't point this out is beyond me. Maybe they just don't know.
Sales guys aren’t the best. Despite my sales guy being the dealers “Bronco Guy” I knew more about the Bronco than he did. He was concerned with selling me my Bronco and getting me signed up with my Ford Pass app so he got his credit. Can’t really rely on sales guys to show new owners much more than here’s the key and he’s how to turn it on.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Dwb85

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Focus SES
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The window was not being taken out of the tabs. The bottom tabs broke while popping the bottom of the window out of the latch mechanism. If you push from the fabric like I did and not be delicate from the inside they just snap like crispy bacon, terrible design

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The window was not being taken out of the tabs. The bottom tabs broke while popping the bottom of the window out of the latch mechanism. If you push from the fabric like I did and not be delicate from the inside they just snap like crispy bacon, terrible design
So sorry to hear that....total suckage.
Sponsored