Sponsored

Remote Start a Base Bronco with FordPass app?

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base

turbocc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here's the deal. Base has Perimeter alarm. You can remote start with app ( free for now) . in order to start with keyfob you must buy & install Perimeter Plus and a separate remote. Ford accessories sells these & the dealer can install. Ford site says $50. to install.
That's what I did.

atlantavip

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here's the deal. Base has Perimeter alarm. You can remote start with app ( free for now) . in order to start with keyfob you must buy & install Perimeter Plus and a separate remote. Ford accessories sells these & the dealer can install. Ford site says $50. to install.
That's what I did.
I have a 2DR BB with remote start (fob) from the factory, but I’m taking delivery of a 4DR base this week. Do you have a part number for the PP or is it a universal Ford part? Anything else out of the ordinary about the upgrade that I might not be prepared for? We rent Broncos among other machines here at the beach, so remote start via the fob is a necessity for customers

turbocc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's what I did.
Just to clarify, you can use the factory keyfob to remote start, LOCK UNLOCK LOCK, but only from the short distance allowed by the FOB. With the Perimeter Plus keyfob ($95.) you get long range remote start. Ford claims 1/4 mile. Easy from inside my house, 3 floors up, into the garage. Works every time. It is well worth the price. Perimeter Plus also adds Shock or Shake with a horn beep warning. 2nd Shock sets off alarm. This should have been standard in the regular Perimeter alarm but Ford chose to charge extra for it.
Sponsored