Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hear me out.

Removing the front and back passenger-side seats in a 2 door could be the ideal 1 man 1 dog setup.

The platform would run the full length of the vehicle and would widen to the full width behind the rear driver-side seat. It would be the height of the folded-down rear seat creating a cohesive level platform.

You could awkwardly take a passenger behind you or flip the seat down to create a single-seat bronco that's all platform!

This way one could keep the short wheelbase so you can turn around on the trail and have the classic look but be able to sleep in the vehicle. Also, my wife never rides in the bronco and my dog's a bit big for the front seat. Honestly, the dog really enjoys riding up front, so I'd be asking this even if I had a 4 door. It's not about space and sleeping in it is just a bonus.

Mostly I'm wondering if I should ruin my car and marriage to make my dog more comfortable. If you met him you'd understand. He's a really good boy.

Is anyone thinking of trying this or do you all have friends/spouses/kids/sanity?
Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I dunno man, it sounds kinda sweet to have all that room and whatnot, but I'd be looking into a motorcycle and sidecar if it was just me and a dog. Get him a cool helmet and some doggles, go cruise...

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hear me out.

Removing the front and back passenger-side seats in a 2 door could be the ideal 1 man 1 dog setup.

The platform would run the full length of the vehicle and would widen to the full width behind the rear driver-side seat. It would be the height of the folded-down rear seat creating a cohesive level platform.

You could awkwardly take a passenger behind you or flip the seat down to create a single-seat bronco that's all platform!

This way one could keep the short wheelbase so you can turn around on the trail and have the classic look but be able to sleep in the vehicle. Also, my wife never rides in the bronco and my dog's a bit big for the front seat. Honestly, the dog really enjoys riding up front, so I'd be asking this even if I had a 4 door. It's not about space and sleeping in it is just a bonus.

Mostly I'm wondering if I should ruin my car and marriage to make my dog more comfortable. If you met him you'd understand. He's a really good boy.

Is anyone thinking of trying this or do you all have friends/spouses/kids/sanity?
Yes. All the reasons that you alluded to nothing is more important than making your best friend comfortable. They are only with us for a short time. Might as well build that throne for him. You can always add the seats if/when you need them.

There was one member, back in 2020, that had removed all the extra seats to create a sleeping platform. Can't remember what vehicle it was.

BroncoHI

Black Diamond
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ooh. That's a good idea. I could probably fit my longboards inside my 2dr. I'm going to tell my wife and kids that they can never ride with me again. I'll buy them bus passes. Lol

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plenty of car manufacturers have created a fold down front seat, can’t believe with all the thought that went into the Bronco they didn’t think of it or have pull out rear seats.

However, asking someone else to make this decision for you doesn’t seem right. If it’s your vehicle and taking out the passenger seat would make a better use of the vehicle, than do it. It’s not like you can’t put the seats back in.

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah no. I got friends but that list would get shorter without a seat for them in my Bronco next to me.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dunno man, it sounds kinda sweet to have all that room and whatnot, but I'd be looking into a motorcycle and sidecar if it was just me and a dog. Get him a cool helmet and some doggles, go cruise...
Ford Bronco Remove both passenger side seats on the 2 door? ...or do you all have friends 30B0E47C-E393-41AB-9387-1856B54653C6

I removed both rear seats in my 2 door, I doubt they will ever go back in. My 2005 Nissan Titan had a fold flat front passenger seat. I used it a few times as a laptop table while sitting in the back seat, but it was alkward.

Last edited:

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do it. If you need to go somewhere with your wife, take her car!
Sponsored