Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had any luck getting your dealer to remove the dock fee or delivery fees? Or is that virtually impossible because of the high demand of the new Bronco?

I got my VIN number, but just planning down the road once I go to do the final paperwork. If that day ever comes.

i’m also curious what cash buyers are doing. When I bought a new car in the past, typically I tell the dealer I’m financing just to get a lower out the door price. And then pay the loan off a week later. Just curious if that will work here. I’ve never bought a vehicle that was in such high demand and is a brand new model. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Last edited:

ToddPhil

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone had any luck getting your dealer to remove the dock fee? Or is that virtually impossible because of the high demand of the new Bronco?

I got my VIN number, but just planning down the road once I go to do the final paperwork. If that day ever comes.

i’m also curious what cash buyers are doing. When I bought a new car in the past, typically I tell the dealer I’m financing just to get a lower out the door price. And then pay the loan off a week later. Just curious if that will work here. I’ve never bought a vehicle that was in such high demand and is a brand new model. 🤷‍♂️
By law, in most states, doc fees must be charged to everyone at the published rate. Dealer can lower the vehicle price by the same amount, but not remove. Good luck on getting that to happen though. You should've had a price before placing your order, you may be in trouble here.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doc fee is the one thing you won't be able to get removed. Regulations dictate that the doc fee must be the same for each customer.

Edit. Looks like @ToddPhil has the quicker trigger finger

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone had any luck getting your dealer to remove the dock fee? Or is that virtually impossible because of the high demand of the new Bronco?

At this point you are completely at their mercy....if you didn’t work all of these things out before you ordered.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had any luck getting your dealer to remove the dock fee or delivery fees? Or is that virtually impossible because of the high demand of the new Bronco?

Unless it has changed in the past couple of years Texas doc fees are capped at $150.

OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologies, I think I’m meant the final delivery & destination fee. But if it’s done, it’s done. Just curious if anybody was able to successfully knock this off sales price.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless it has changed in the past couple of years Texas doc fees are capped at $150.
Not capped, but anyone who wants to charge over $150 has to get approval from the Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apologies, I think I’m meant the final delivery & destination fee. But if it’s done, it’s done. Just curious if anybody was able to successfully knock this off sales price.
Destination fee is direct from Ford and non-negotiable as well. It cost everyone $1495 whether they live in Michigan or Alaska.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Destination fee is direct from Ford and non-negotiable as well. It cost everyone $1495 whether they live in Michigan or Alaska.
Thx!
I know this is probably a super noob question but I was just curious

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doc fees are reasonable. There can be a lot of admin work behind the scenes that is done when it comes to trade in pay-off and getting titles transfered if they have to deal with a trade it. Almost no dealer with complete waive it. On average I've paid $200-$500 which I"m fine with.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The delivery charge is fairly baked in. Document fees....negotiate! In my sales agreement it's a signed agreement...no document fees/internal paper work charges. If your order and price agreement is done, it's probably to late.

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Doc fee is the one thing you won't be able to get removed. Regulations dictate that the doc fee must be the same for each customer.

Edit. Looks like @ToddPhil has the quicker trigger finger
Doc fees are different for each state. Some states regulate the maximum doc fees charged, some states don't regulate at all. In Arizona where I live there are no regulations so most dealers here charge anywhere from $400-$600 which is a rip-off. There are no regulations that dictate that the doc fee is the same for each customer. There is one exception, if you are buying A/Z plan, Ford only allows a doc fee of $75.

MyATV

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The doc fee is inversely proportional to the TruCoat® fee. When one goes down, the other goes up.
Sponsored